Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Grumpy Old Pharts Board

Grumpy Old Pharts Board Gerritol, Ex-Lax, Immodium, Bad Breath - all requirements for the Grumpy Board

Old 04-16-2014, 12:42 PM   #1
FishermanTim

I thought that they were "supposed" to be ready for this???

But I guess that the blame will fall on someone else's head.

Even the news broadcasters were shocked with the ease that this happened.

How does a psycho not get noticed in the crowd until AFTER he dropped his dummy backpacj bomb and begin making a spectacle of himself?

And then to add more insult to the absurdity of the fiasco, police then go on a mad scramble looking for ANYONE that was dressed the same way.

This could have easily been a test for a future event, to see how effective (or in this case, ineffective) the security would be.

I guess we failed.

Oh, the response was great, but it was AFTER what could have been another disaster occurred.

I, for one, will never feel safe in any situation like that ever again.

Not to detract from the herculean effort from any "first responders" (you have my eternal gratitude!), but events like yesterday go more to prove we're "Boston Stupid" or "Boston Ignorant" more than "Boston Strong".

Sorry if I ruffled any feathers, but when I heard the story last night when I got home I said "WTF! How was this possible, and why wasn't that clown not shot on sight?"

I am a legend in my own mind!
FishermanTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 09:03 PM   #2
Raven

people are wondering - protecting 26 miles
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 06:28 AM   #3
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Shot on sight? Really? Exactly what actions did you actually see on video that would have been justifiable for deadly force?
nightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 06:35 AM   #4
Slipknot
Super Moderator

I heard that the whackjob was also responsible for all the pot holes too
thereby death sentence would have been justifiable

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Slipknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 06:45 AM   #5
Sea Dangles

So Tim the Brave will never feel safe again?.......doesn't exactly strike me as a first responder type.
I guess the terrorists have won this round in his mind. Imagine the fools who will actually cheer these carefree a-holes to the finish line. Have they no conscience? No self preservation mode I guess. Let's just cancel this foolish endeavor and get on with marshall law.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Sea Dangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 08:42 AM   #6
buckman

When you watch the video it does seem kind of absurd that nobody reacted. If that have been a bomb people would've been killed in what we thought was the most secure area of Boston.
I'm not for giving up liberties in exchange for safety but in that area of all areas ? It seems first responders are responding a little late .
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
buckman is offline   Reply With Quote