Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Grumpy Old Pharts Board

Grumpy Old Pharts Board Gerritol, Ex-Lax, Immodium, Bad Breath - all requirements for the Grumpy Board

Old 07-27-2006, 02:39 PM   #1
MotoXcowboy

motocrossed

27yrs old and feel like im 57. Man Im gonna be in for some pain later.

3weeks ago I was jumping the FMX ramp and compressed a disk in the lower back my doc says. i didnt even crash or mess up..(thats what gets me.. grumpy) I landed smooth (dropping out of the sky from 20ft up, when performed correctly is relativly smooth), my back just gave out and hurt like a

This winter I messed up left shoulder. It took the impact of a 10ft high fall to frozen ground. that still hurts..

A year and a half ago, I looped out at a sand track, because my rear tire hit a patch of snow/ice and it sent me flying. It was a step-down jump. I ejected off the back of my bike and pretty much fell from 20ft up in the air to flat frozen ground. Shattering my right heel on impact, got plated w/8 screws for that one... Ankle and achillies tendon is toast.

3 and half yrs ago I went for a 100ft step up jump out in the desert, 6th gear tapped w/ my rm 125. came up short and broke my Left Tib & Messed up that Ankle. Decided..it was time to get a 250 after that! hahah..more BRAAAHPT

Sometime before that I had a collision with a 450f at the Uxbridge track and got my foot runover / fractured.

Oh yeah about 5 yrs ago a thouroughbred horse kicked and fractured both my Tibs. had one rear up and break my nose back then too..stupid horses.

all that up there and then throw in a couple concussions, sprained/hyperextended knees, ankles, wrists, back, neck, shoulders, pinched nerves, about 65 stitches and a million close calls..and there you have it..the dues paid to ride.. I've put in my time, over 20yrs "sharp" haha. I know I can ride like some of yall catch fish

Even after all this to my body, I still have the urge to rip the CR250...
I dunno its in my blood I guess.

edit-
i dont know why i made this thread.. im bored as right now and it explains how i love to ride my bike, but at the same time its killin me..even damn near impossible to fish anymore with out discomfort and aggrivation. i hope it gets better soon.

A month or two im told now..before I can again

Last edited by MotoXcowboy; 07-28-2006 at 12:59 AM..
MotoXcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 04:02 PM   #2
Sluggoslinger

I gave up MX for the same reasons.

Titanium plate over the cheek bone with 3 screws.

Back... F'd
Sluggoslinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 09:51 AM   #3
Jenn

youre 27 and still motocrossin? consider yourself lucky you made it this long! Sorry but I know too many with messed up bodies

Simplify.......
Jenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 07:09 AM   #4
smac

Sell the dirt bikes and buy a boat. Just dont try any no handed whatchama callits with a boat.

I made to about 25 before selling my YZ250. Bought a Harley. I am now 33 with a third baby on the way, selling Harley.
smac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 07:57 AM   #5
chris L

your going to poke your eye out
chris L is offline   Reply With Quote