Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Old 10-30-2008, 04:31 AM   #1
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

Pellet Stoves for Bob T

Bob the answer to your question is that this needs to be permitted from your local building dept. While there is a code in the state which I believe is 18" front and sides, I believe the rear is more but not sure. I would call your local building inspector or even fire department and ask them what they'd LIKE to see. It wouldn't hurt to make it more.

I do know that you can vent it directly sideways as long as the outlet is 12" out and above grade...it can go anywhere on the side of a house but you may be required to maintain a certain distance from a window or a door-this I don't know.

You have to keep a minimum distance of non combustible materials around it. Stone/Mat under it, Wall must be padded or covered with metal behind it etc. The long and short is I bet you could fit one in quite a few places if the material around it was addressed properly which you would need anyways for the inspection.

This is a link for the State stuff: http://www.mass.gov/?pageID=eopsterm...t08&csid=Eeops
UserRemoved1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 08:36 AM   #2
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

btw bob I'm not an expert on these by far I just did a ton of research first and have a great local dealer (Royal Fireside in Mendon) who was great at answering any questions pre and post sale I had.
Old 10-31-2008, 01:05 AM   #3
Bob Thomas
No Shorts On

Send a message via AIM to Bob Thomas
Bugger....

THanks for the information and sorry for my late reply. Wanted to make sure the town was still providing my bonus for using the computer

I'm going to have to take a serious look around and see what options I have. I've talked to so many people that say, just like you, that the heat is amazing and different than Oil heat. With 2 little ones, however, and my constant need to make fires as large as humanly possible (ask the Cape campgrounds) it proves a little more difficult but where there's a will.....there's a way.

Seriously though, thanks for the info. Once we get around the holidays, I'll probably start some research on this.

Best to you and yours.

BTW...you going as a ballerina this year again?

Bob Thomas
Bob Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 04:18 AM   #4
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

YES I am and I thank you for the LOAN of the PINK FRILLY TUTU and slippers I will have them back to you Monday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Thomas View Post
Bugger....

THanks for the information and sorry for my late reply. Wanted to make sure the town was still providing my bonus for using the computer

I'm going to have to take a serious look around and see what options I have. I've talked to so many people that say, just like you, that the heat is amazing and different than Oil heat. With 2 little ones, however, and my constant need to make fires as large as humanly possible (ask the Cape campgrounds) it proves a little more difficult but where there's a will.....there's a way.

Seriously though, thanks for the info. Once we get around the holidays, I'll probably start some research on this.

Best to you and yours.

BTW...you going as a ballerina this year again?
Old 10-31-2008, 05:36 AM   #5
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

Sorry you won't have it for your birthday party Bob

HBD!
Old 10-31-2008, 07:49 AM   #6
Bob Thomas
No Shorts On

Send a message via AIM to Bob Thomas
Quote:
Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^& View Post
Sorry you won't have it for your birthday party Bob

HBD!
You will in my dreams!!

Thanks, Boogah!

Bob Thomas
Bob Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 05:19 AM   #7
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

Bob I shipped that tutu back this morning and it's all pressed and ready for you to wear again

I gave in this morning and turned the downstairs zone on the programmed temps but much lower. The lowest temp in the whole house this morning was 62 in the family room but the main part of the house was only 63 this morning so a little chilly. If we can hold low 60's with the pellets we're still going to save a mint in oil.