Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Old 11-17-2006, 07:50 PM   #1
spinncognito
Is it May yet?

Cruising

Got back last night from a 5-day cruise on the Carnival "Fun Ship" Inspiration. What a blast! Went with my girl and it was our fisrt time cruising and we were not disappointed at all.
First Port was Grand Cayman where we went swimming with Sting Rays.... and survived. Beautiful creatures. We hand-fed them squid which they sucked right outta our hands. We witnessed one dude wipe the squid juice on his swim trunks and a Ray came right outta the water and attached itself to him! He freaked out and we were hysterical with laughter. Got to hold the Rays as well as the guides were terrific handling them.
Second port was Calica Mexico where we decided to take a "Beach Break". We hopped on a bus to a resort beach where it was four straight hours of OPEN BAR! Margaritas, Sex on the Beach (the drink) and mucho shots of Tequila made for a wild time and an absolute party-bus-ride back to the ship.
The ship itself was amazing and the non-stop food excellent with every possible type of food served. The shows and nightlife were fabulous and I even hit for $400 at the Roulette table. Number 11 just kept on coming! My girl held her own at the slots as well.

Overall an excellent trip and one I highly reccomend. Great value vacation as well. Cannot wait to book another one. I'll post some pics of the Sting rays when I get them on disk (used an underwater camera). Here are a few shots from Mexico.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Inspiration 035.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	123.0 KB
ID:	18090   Click image for larger version

Name:	Inspiration 038.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	18091  

"Twitch....Twitch....Twitch....WHAM!"
spinncognito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 07:54 PM   #2
spinncognito
Is it May yet?

A coupla more....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Inspiration 006.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	18092   Click image for larger version

Name:	Inspiration 047.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	109.6 KB
ID:	18093  

"Twitch....Twitch....Twitch....WHAM!"
spinncognito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 09:46 PM   #3
ProfessorM
Uncle Remus

Looks great. I did the sting ray thing too, it is a ball, except if your last name is Irwin.

"A beach is a place where a man can feel he's the only soul in the world that's real"
ProfessorM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 07:35 AM   #4
labrax

Sounds like you two had a blast. Hitting on roulette was a nice bonus too. Those open bars at the resorts can be trouble - I got off a pool bar seat and fell right over one time.
labrax is offline   Reply With Quote