Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Build Stuff: Custom Plug & Lure Building, Rod Building » Plug Building - Got Wood?

Plug Building - Got Wood? Got Plug?

Old 01-15-2008, 12:25 PM   #1
Diggin Jiggin

diving lure patent

at lunch today I was doing a search on diving lures just looking for ideas, shapes etc. Anyways, the search came up with a hit on a 'patented' diving lure...

"Diving fishing lures Document Type and Number:United States Patent 7107720 Link to this page:http://www.freepatentsonline.com/7107720.html Abstract:The present invention provides an improved diving fishing lure having a more durable and stable design that is capable of assisting today's fishermen as they target fish at increasingly greater depths and at faster trolling or retrieval speeds. The fishing lure includes a lure body having first and second ends, at least one fish hook extending from the lure body, and a diving lip extending from the first end of the lure body. According to one embodiment, the fishing lure includes a connector mounted to the diving lip, wherein the diving lip defines a recessed surface at least partially around the connector having a sidewall with a radius of approximately 0.30 inches to approximately 0.40 inches."

I really like the part about the lure having 2 ends, a hook and a lip. Gee really, that sounds so unique... I guess when I build mine it can only have 1 end....
Diggin Jiggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 12:43 PM   #2
gldnbear93

more on that patent

http://www.google.com/patents?id=TzV...BAJ&dq=7107720

a complicated way to say: a lip and a hook

Go Bears!
gldnbear93 is offline   Reply With Quote