Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Build Stuff: Custom Plug & Lure Building, Rod Building » Plug Building - Got Wood?

Plug Building - Got Wood? Got Plug?

Old 03-31-2009, 07:10 PM   #1
Jaycet62

Any Hull-ites

I told my wife today that things were going to Hull.....she agreed for various reasons I won't mention. Otherwise, we live in Andover NH, about in the middle of the State, and family stuff is pulling us South, for a wedding in Providence and grandbabies in Newburyport, last week in June-first week in July.

Frankie D gave Hull Gut a mention, and I'm thinking if I exercise extreme stelth, maybe I can find a time and place to cast some of these plugs I've been building. My wife actually catches more fish than I do, routinely, and that's a good thing, but if I told her I just wanted to go Striper Fishing......I'd probably hear about conflicts with The Wedding and the GrandBabies.

Anyone have lodging suggestions for this area? We'd tent-camp, except for the wedding and

http://www.josephinesbandb.com/index.php

seemed a little pricey, but nice. probably too rich at the moment, unless my stimulus check arrives. Has your's come in?

Joking aside, I'd appreciate suggestions, comments, other ideas. Thanks for your help. I'm really getting itchy. Salmon season opens tomorrow, but I'm working!

Maybe Saturday----I'm taking a Danny w/o hooks to priest one if I get lucky! J
Jaycet62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 09:22 PM   #2
go4broke44

lots of hotels and motels in Hull, you should have no problem finding something.
go4broke44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 09:29 AM   #3
fishbones

Try the Clarion. Very nice place and great location. Stumbling distance from the Red Parrot.

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio
fishbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 09:41 AM   #4
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Send a message via AIM to BigFish
Quote:
Originally Posted by go4broke44 View Post
lots of hotels and motels in Hull, you should have no problem finding something.
Lots?? I think there is only one?

Almost time to get our fish on!!!
BigFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 11:08 AM   #5
go4broke44

I thought there was 2 or 3 right there on the main strip? Maybe not.

oh well
go4broke44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 11:21 AM   #6
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Send a message via AIM to BigFish
Hull is at the end of the earth! Fishing can be great but not someplace I would go from NH to fish?? Why not the Cape?? Or Gloucester/Rockport??

Almost time to get our fish on!!!
BigFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 07:09 PM   #7
Jaycet62

Good point(s). I was trying to do too much: have time with the grandbabies in Newburyport and do the wedding in Providence...."the Gut" seemed somehow reasonable from here, without locking in either other venue.....not that Plum Island is, by itself, bad.....greenheads aside, I love it there and consider Surfland my off shore bank (where I make significant deposits!)----I've fished Joppa and around for years, probably since 1962, notwithstanding other encroachments scattered throughout.....I was looking for some middle ground, and would still appreciate suggestions. I doesn't know the territory! Thanks, Jay
Old 04-01-2009, 08:54 PM   #8
freebie

takes too long to get here, 30 more minutes than anwhere else in MA,
if you live here it's ok to fish, but not a fishing destination by any stretch of the imagination
freebie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 07:52 PM   #9
Jaycet62

Got-it! Thanks again for the help. I need a road-trip! By myself! J