Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Sports Talk - Title Town

Sports Talk - Title Town Sports Talk - Our Home for the 2004/2007 World Champion Red Sox, Super Bowl XXXVI, XXXVIII, XXXIX Champion Patriots! SEVENTEEN TIME NBA Champion Boston Celtics, 2011 winners of Lord Stanley's Cup Boston Bruins!!!

Old 12-22-2008, 05:19 PM   #1
fishaholic18
Finally

Mangina's chance to stick it to us

So, they move the Jets/Dolphins game to 4:15 Sunday..it was scheduled to be played at 1:00 originally.
If the Pats beat Buffalo at 1:00 and the Ravens beat Jax at 1:00.....
The Jets are playing for nothing...except...if they loose to the Fins...The Pats are out....

F-18®
It IsWhat It Is

¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º >¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((( º>
fishaholic18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 05:55 PM   #2
striperman36
Old Guy

Maybe a little collusion to move the game so the Jets know how hard to play?
striperman36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 06:37 PM   #3
afterhours
Afterhours Custom Plugs

they also moved the ravens game to 4:15...at least that's what eei was reporting today.

www.afterhoursplugs.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Afterh...428173?created

Instagram - afterhourscustom

Official S-B.com Sponsor

GAMEFISH NOW

"A GAMEFISH (WHICH STRIPED BASS SHOULD BE) IS TOO VALUABLE TO BE CAUGHT ONLY ONCE"...LEE WULFF
afterhours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 07:47 PM   #4
fishaholic18
Finally

"And that would mean the Jets would travel to Foxborough in the wild-card round."

Wouldn't that be SWEET!!!

F-18®
It IsWhat It Is

¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º >¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((( º>
Old 12-22-2008, 08:50 PM   #5
stcroixman

Pats fans, IF jets win and wind up coming here in round 1 watch out. There is a known commodity in playing a divisional rival. Jets would be more dangerous in this situation,especially since they can't play any worse than they have. That would also motivate Mangini and that doesn't happen too often, but NYJ all want to beat Belicheat.

I will break out the brats for that one.
stcroixman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 09:00 PM   #6
afterhours
Afterhours Custom Plugs

if they matchup again the jets won't know what hit them payback is a beeotch..

www.afterhoursplugs.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Afterh...428173?created

Instagram - afterhourscustom

Official S-B.com Sponsor

GAMEFISH NOW

"A GAMEFISH (WHICH STRIPED BASS SHOULD BE) IS TOO VALUABLE TO BE CAUGHT ONLY ONCE"...LEE WULFF
afterhours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 09:07 PM   #7
striperman36
Old Guy

the last jets-pats playoff game at the Razor, I got a sunburn sitting in the booth, we kicked their nuggets off the field.
Some teams can play, but few teams can play when it really counts.
I know of one in New England that of recent vintage can play when it counts.
Those New York boys are just a bunch of floozies in white stockings and jock straps.
Old 12-22-2008, 09:18 PM   #8
striperman36
Old Guy

Youse jesticles better not come up here
Old 12-22-2008, 09:43 PM   #9
Duke41
got gas?

This is MANGINAS last game as a pro football coach in any capacity. He HAS to make the play-offs to get back to the only team in the NFL that will take him. This is a MUST win for the JETS. He will be lucky to get a job coaching Pop Warner if he loses. What an %$%$%$%$%$%$%$.
Duke41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 09:43 PM   #10
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stcroixman View Post
That would also motivate Mangini and that doesn't happen too often, .
The only thing that motivates Mangina is a Delta Burke marathon on the Lifetime Network......

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
The Dad Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 11:10 PM   #11
Mike P
Jiggin' Leper Lawyer

Forget about the Jets as the wild card. The Ravens will not lose at home to the Jags. The Jets will win, and the Pats will host the Ravens in the opening round. The Ravens are still steaming about getting shafted against the Steelers. They're hungry and pissed.

The Dolphins chances rest on the fact that Pennington has played a lot of games in that wind tunnel known as Giants Stadium. But I have a gut feeling that the Jets will sneak one through in this spot.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.
Mike P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 11:26 PM   #12
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike P View Post
The Ravens are still steaming about getting shafted against the Steelers. They're hungry and pissed.

Not to mention they're still pissed about the pats game from last season..

Old 12-22-2008, 11:34 PM   #13
Mike P
Jiggin' Leper Lawyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Not to mention they're still pissed about the pats game from last season..
Because it kept them from finishing 6-10 instead of 5-11?

I think they got over it by now

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.
Mike P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 07:34 AM   #14
stcroixman

As a disgusted jets fan, I can say I will now root for every team that plays NE. I will be wearing my giants hat now, anyone remember the giants? they wooped your butts - no excuses, brady and all the old timers were playing. Your genius Belicheat got outcoached

your xmas present from the jets is a loss to Miami this sunday, stay warm pats fans.
stcroixman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 07:44 AM   #15
fishaholic18
Finally

Quote:
I will be wearing my giants hat now, anyone remember the giants? they wooped your butts - no excuses, brady and all the old timers were playing. Your genius Belicheat got outcoached
Hardly a woopin'..
They beat us by one play with 35 secs left.
Pretty good for old timers..

F-18®
It IsWhat It Is

Old 12-23-2008, 08:17 AM   #16
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
I will be wearing my giants hat now, anyone remember the giants?
Wow, You are a Terrible, Terrible Jets fan and should be ashamed of yourself.

Tell me, Are there any Mets fans out there that throw on the Yankee gear when their team doesn't do well? I bet they'd be shot for doing that.

You are officially the Poster Child of the Fair Weather fan......bet your Jets hat is pink too...

Old 12-23-2008, 08:19 AM   #17
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike P View Post
Because it kept them from finishing 6-10 instead of 5-11?

I think they got over it by now

Not the Fact of their record....more the fact how it ended, they had the chance to be the ones that handed them their 1st defeat and they felt they got shafted....they'll remember

Old 12-23-2008, 08:43 AM   #18
rwilhelm

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Wow, You are a Terrible, Terrible Jets fan and should be ashamed of yourself.

Tell me, Are there any Mets fans out there that throw on the Yankee gear when their team doesn't do well? I bet they'd be shot for doing that.

You are officially the Poster Child of the Fair Weather fan......bet your Jets hat is pink too...
You could not have said it any better. I was thinking the exact same thing!
rwilhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 10:12 AM   #19
fishbones

Quote:
As a disgusted jets fan, I can say I will now root for every team that plays NE. I will be wearing my giants hat now, anyone remember the giants? they wooped your butts - no excuses, brady and all the old timers were playing. Your genius Belicheat got outcoached

your xmas present from the jets is a loss to Miami this sunday, stay warm pats fans.
Someone is still calling him "Belicheat"? Wow, that really grasping at straws. Can't you think of something a little more clever? Oops. Sorry, I just realized I was asking a Jet fan to be clever.

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio
fishbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 12:11 PM   #20
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

If Jets miss playoffs, should Mangini be shown the door?

After an 8-3 start it has become apparent that Brett Favre is simply too old to do it, and that coach Eric Mangini is in over his head and should not be retained if the New York Jets don't make the playoffs, according to Newsday.

With a $140-million makeover and a future Hall of Fame quarterback, Mangini thought he had the right group of players to make a meaningful run through the season. And at 8-3, it certainly looked as if that would be the case. But after losing three of their last four games to fall to 9-6 — and you'll recall how fortunate the Jets were to beat Buffalo last week — and with Miami and New England at 10-5, the Jets have playoff hopes that are paper-thin.

When you lose to Oakland, San Francisco and Seattle - teams with a combined record of 14-31 - and go 0-4 on the West Coast against four sub-.500 teams, you don't deserve anything else. In fact, the Jets are lucky to be alive in the playoff race after their disgraceful football in the past four weeks.

After Sunday's pathetic outing against the Seahawks, this much is certain: Favre is done after this year. Kaput. If the Jets ask him back after this late-season meltdown, they're even wackier than I thought. Barring a playoff berth and at least two postseason wins, Favre is at the end.

Mangini should be, too, especially if at this time next week, the Jets are putting their equipment in black plastic bags and explaining how it all went so horribly wrong. If Mangini doesn't get to the playoffs, the Jets need to show him the door. No excuses. No explanations. He was on board with the Favre decision, and he must pay the price if the collapse is completed next week.

Source: Newsday

Old 12-23-2008, 03:17 PM   #21
FishermanTim

Quote:
....... I can say I will now root for every team that plays NE. I will be wearing my giants hat now, anyone remember the giants? they wooped your butts - no excuses, brady and all the old timers were playing. Your genius Belicheat got outcoached...
Isn't it funny that this season they instituted a (new) rule that qualifies having the quarterback "in the clutches" of an opponent is considered a sack, yet last season the Giants ended up scoring the winning points after Manning emerged from a scrum that lasted longer than most bathroom runs?
Last year no rule, this year new rule? You want to talk about lucky?
FishermanTim is offline   Reply With Quote