Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Old 12-16-2009, 10:57 AM   #1
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

this years sales

has anyone else been using the holiday sales this year to stock up?
I've been getting amazing offers. We got a coupon for 30% of Kohls - all purchase, plus you get $10 for every $50 spent and they had a ton of stuff on sale. We've been stocking up on kids clothes, socks, underwear - all neccesities and been saving a ton. We got like $600worth of stuff we need for $180 after sales and discoutns and $50 in Kohls cash to use after Chrsitmas. So net $130! It was nuts.

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
RIJIMMY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 01:10 PM   #2
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIJIMMY View Post
has anyone else been using the holiday sales this year to stock up?
I've been getting amazing offers. We got a coupon for 30% of Kohls - all purchase, plus you get $10 for every $50 spent and they had a ton of stuff on sale. We've been stocking up on kids clothes, socks, underwear - all neccesities and been saving a ton. We got like $600worth of stuff we need for $180 after sales and discoutns and $50 in Kohls cash to use after Chrsitmas. So net $130! It was nuts.
Haven't seen the toy savings I did last year. Santa will be bringing fewer items but a few will be sweet.

I have a few bucks aside for a few other items more than stocking stuffers but I haven't seen anything worthy yet.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
JohnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 01:26 PM   #3
PaulS

yes, some great sales. I saw an article yesterday which listed lots of companies that were offering gift cards for every $x spent. I got a $25 gift card for spending over $100 at EMS Sunday. I was buying Northface jackets for my neices. $99 on sale for $69. You have to use the card by 1/30/10.
PaulS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 08:50 PM   #4
JohnnyD

Got some nice $70 rain pants for $30. Stores like #^&#^&#^&#^&'s and Sports Authority are putting random saltwater gear on clearance - bought some big Yozuri swimmers for under $10.

Just making sure to keep my eyes open.
JohnnyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 11:32 AM   #5
fishbones

I haven't been doing much shopping yet for gifts or myself. I did order a few things from Amazon that were great deals and free shipping and I got a few gifts for my son on sale at Toys R Us online. The were great prices, but I had to pay shipping. I also ordered a box of cigars yesterday for about 60% off and got free shipping. That was my gift to myself.

JohnnyD, which style Yozuris did you get for that price?

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio
fishbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 12:09 PM   #6
Saltheart

I got a dozen top of the line Arrow dress shirts for between $7.20 and $11.40 with most at $10.80. That's almost 75% off full retail and about half what they usually are during normal "sales". I did the same with pants dress and casual pants at JCPennies. $120 high end business suit pants for $30 , same top of the line business suit jackets normally $240 for $45 and about 10 pairs of Dress/casual (non jeans) pants normally $46 to $60 for between $9 and $14. And everything ordered online but picked up delivered to the local store for a very small shipping charge , like $4.

Normally I would also buy some tools but I have enough for now and this year trying to conserve funds.

What I have found is that you must start shopping early to maximize savings now. The days of last minute shopping for bargains are not so popular anymore.

Saltheart
Custom Crafted Rods by Saltheart
Saltheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 12:33 PM   #7
JohnnyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbones View Post
JohnnyD, which style Yozuris did you get for that price?
I found three of the bigger Crystal Minnows for a little under $10 and one of the Magnum Divers for $12. It's interesting. They'll have one color marked down almost 50% and the same lure, different color right next to it at the regular price.

During the summer, one of the big stores had "Buy any 2 Rapala lures, get a 3rd free", all colors, all styles. I restocked my freshwater tacklebox and grabbed a bunch of saltwater xrap deep-divers.

I'll do a quick trip in occasionally, look for the bright orange stickers and see if they're offering anything I like/need. The sales are never advertised in the weekly fliers.

What website do you use for cigars? I've been wondering about trying to get my cigars discounted online.
JohnnyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 12:43 PM   #8
fishbones

PM sent JD.

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio
fishbones is offline   Reply With Quote