Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Old 07-31-2010, 10:25 AM   #1
american spirit
Formerly the_shocker

fios and comcast

so........ had a comcast rep come to my house and buy me back from fios. long story short, he promised to pay my full early termination fee from fios. however when i went to complete the cancellation comcast refused to pay the full 360 dollar fee. i decided to stick with fios for the 2 year contract.

with that said. comcast already came for the install. now i have verizon and comcast equipment at my house. non of my services are officially cancelled yet. is it easy for me to just plug back in all the fios tv/internet/phone equipment? i'm pretty sure my battery back up in the fios box is gone? do i need to do a fios service call for any reason?
american spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 05:51 PM   #2
JohnnyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by american spirit View Post
so........ had a comcast rep come to my house and buy me back from fios. long story short, he promised to pay my full early termination fee from fios. however when i went to complete the cancellation comcast refused to pay the full 360 dollar fee. i decided to stick with fios for the 2 year contract.

with that said. comcast already came for the install. now i have verizon and comcast equipment at my house. non of my services are officially cancelled yet. is it easy for me to just plug back in all the fios tv/internet/phone equipment? i'm pretty sure my battery back up in the fios box is gone? do i need to do a fios service call for any reason?
Comcast sucks... period.

The Fios battery backup shouldn't be gone, they are left installed even when service is canceled.

Just goes to show how terrible of a company Comcast is. They schedule you for an install and say that they'll pay the cancellation fee - then screw you over once the install is done.

I would have sent the Comcast tech away.
JohnnyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 08:55 PM   #3
Mike P
Jiggin' Leper Lawyer

I was so sick of Comcast, I took a step backwards--or so I thought--and bundled Verizon DSL with my phone and DirecTV. Of course, we don't have FIOS here, and likely won't get it in my lifetime.

Except that I got a pleasant surprise--my DSL is just as fast as Comcast's lousy cable service. And it doesn't go down for hour-long intervals at least twice a week.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.
Mike P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 06:12 AM   #4
MAC

I had comcast for 10 years and it was ok. Cable and phone was roughly 100 a month. No boxes needed as it just pliugged into the TV.

Switched over to fios about 2 years ago to save a couple of bucks. 79 a month cable and phone. Then there were the other fees, needed a box for each tv,DVR and 17 bux a month in taxes....

So switching to save a few bux now costs me 150 a month
MAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 09:01 AM   #5
JohnnyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC View Post
I had comcast for 10 years and it was ok. Cable and phone was roughly 100 a month. No boxes needed as it just pliugged into the TV.

Switched over to fios about 2 years ago to save a couple of bucks. 79 a month cable and phone. Then there were the other fees, needed a box for each tv,DVR and 17 bux a month in taxes....

Cable and internet with DVR costs me $100/month and I have the middle package.
JohnnyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 11:17 AM   #6
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC View Post

I know Mac same here, and you have to double check their monthly bill
carefully for mistakes, especialy when they first install it.

" Choose Life "
justplugit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 10:25 AM   #7
MakoMike

I wish I could get my FIOS back, At the new house I have comcast and it really does suck. I'm thinking of switching over to direct TV.

****MakoMike****

Http://www.Makomania.net

Official S-B Sponsor
MakoMike is offline   Reply With Quote