Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Sports Talk - Title Town

Sports Talk - Title Town Sports Talk - Our Home for the 2004/2007 World Champion Red Sox, Super Bowl XXXVI, XXXVIII, XXXIX Champion Patriots! SEVENTEEN TIME NBA Champion Boston Celtics, 2011 winners of Lord Stanley's Cup Boston Bruins!!!

Old 12-07-2010, 01:02 PM   #1
Saltheart

The Patriots "B Squared Affect"

Synergy is a word that means that two (or more) things working together produce results far exceeding the simple sum of the two. For example instead of A+B it becomes (A+B) X 2. Just an example.

The Patriots definitely have the “B Squared Affect” synergy. The team’s play is a result of a (Brady) X (Belichick) synergistic interaction. Most teams would be happy with a “(Coach+QB) Affect” the two factors summed to form a result. With Brady and Belichick its definitely one multiplied by the other.

I enjoyed one of the comments last night by one of the announcers saying that in years past , Bill would watch the films with Tom and plan the offense. This year , because of the youngest D in the league , Bill has not been doing the film game review with Brady. I’m sure other coaches do but at this stage of the game , Tom Brady calls his own offense when it counts. They said this week for the big game against the Jets , Bill and Tom had done the film reviews together. When questioned about that , I was surprised at Brady’s answer. I expected him to say that they had discussed plays and what strengths they had at tight end and Welcher of course , etc and what happened the last Jets game. What he said they discussed was Bill’s view of the Jets Defense. What they were doing here and what they were doing there. All about Bill’s the defensive expert in the league, view of what the jets D was doing. Armed with Bills explanation of the Defense , he and Tom decided on what would work etc. Obviously they did a great job planning the offense and exploiting the Jets weaknesses.

I think it’s a rare thing when the coach and biggest star in the league can sit down and not only work together after so many years, but actually compliment each others strengths and multiply their strengths for such a hugely successful result. One of the points they made about Meredith and his days in Dallas was that he and Landry never warmed up to each other. In fact it was why he retired so young. I think that’s more typical than people know. The QB’s have egos , salary demands , finger pointing when things go bad and the camera is on them. Look at Favres problems this year! I thing that typically the QBs are self centered , the coaches power crazy and the result is that they in fact try to stay out of each other’s way to avoid trouble.

Not the Patriots QB and Coach. Those guys are as tight as a cats behind. They support each other off the field when dealing with the press and they just supercharge each other’s talents all week during the practices and strategy meetings.

I doubt anyone would argue that Bill will go down as the sports greatest coach of all time. I think Brady will also be thought of as the best QB of all time as his career rolls along and he breaks all records for a QB and most importantly , wins. Its just incredible though how the two best ever guys in key football positions have learned to work together to produce this huge Synergistic affect of B X B. I honestly think the Patriots “B Squared Affect” is what makes them a top contender every single year.

Saltheart
Custom Crafted Rods by Saltheart
Saltheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 01:40 PM   #2
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Very well said Mike
you could write a blog on the Pats and publish it

I consider myself lucky and fortunate to have both of them here in New England and I am enjoying it a lot. They spoil us with their greatness.
Brady IS a winner!
Slipknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 02:22 PM   #3
Rockfish9

did anyone see jason whitlocks commnets on the Brady-Manning debate..

A good run is better than a bad stand!
Rockfish9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 06:52 PM   #4
afterhours
Afterhours Custom Plugs

well said! patriots dynasty II has begun.... bradys been looking like brady of old and bb looks like he's having fun with this team.

www.afterhoursplugs.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Afterh...428173?created

Instagram - afterhourscustom

Official S-B.com Sponsor

GAMEFISH NOW

"A GAMEFISH (WHICH STRIPED BASS SHOULD BE) IS TOO VALUABLE TO BE CAUGHT ONLY ONCE"...LEE WULFF
afterhours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 07:14 PM   #5
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Send a message via AIM to BigFish
Same ass kicking Dynasty....just continued!

Almost time to get our fish on!!!
BigFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 07:48 PM   #6
striperman36
Old Guy

Maybe watching film with Gizelle really has helped Bieber.
striperman36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 09:07 PM   #7
Raven

i like how they said BILL Belichick has created a monster
>>>>>>>>>>> film watcher
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote