Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-04-2003, 07:27 PM   #1
RickBomba

Bad News for Mikey

Unfortunately last night during a game of indoor soccer, Mikey went after a ball that he shouldn't have.
He fractured one bone in his tibia, and when the patellar tendon (I'm guessing) pulled away from his other bone in the tibia, it left a hole.
He also severed his ACL.
This is what i know so far.
He's going in for a bone graft on Tuesday to repair the hole. After that heals, he'll at least have to go back in for ACL reconstruction. Hopefully by fishing season is here, he'll be walking again.
Doctor's prognosis is that he might never be able to run again, definately no more contact sports, though.
I know that while I was recuperating from my second round of knee surgery i found this site, and it definately helped cheer me up. Unfortunately for Mikey, he has no internet access at home, so he'll be out of commission for a while (not for too long though).
Anyhow, for those of you who know him and want to drop him a line his address is as follows:

As my parents are away in the virgin Islands for a while, I've been the only one looking out for him, and being that i live 1 and a half hours away, it's tough to be there in person for him.
He could definately use all the prayers and good wishes anybody could send to him.
Christmas cards would probably be greatly appreciated.
For all of you who know Mike, either personally or through the board, will realize that he is very active and will take this setback in a very hard way.
Thanks everyone, and happy holidays.
Very Sad Rick

Last edited by RickBomba; 12-04-2003 at 11:02 PM..

John Redmond Thinks He's Smart By Changing My Avatar
RickBomba is offline   Reply With Quote