Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-06-2007, 03:38 PM   #1
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Send a message via AIM to BigFish
Blizzard of 78'.....Where Were You?

Do you remember the big nor'easter? Lets hear your tale of the biggest blizzard in New England history!

I was 13 years old.....it was quite amazing and something I will never forget! Hard to believe its been 29 years since! So much snow so fast! The storm as I remember just came barreling in like a freight train and paralyzed the area in just a few short hours and continued to snow for like 30 hours non-stop! The conditions with the high winds were the worst I have ever seen.....white out conditions and I don't mean like the sissy white out conditions we see most of the time.......we were unable to see the fence 10 feet in front of my house for hours on end! The streetlight in front of my house was a dim blur all night long!! No school for 2 weeks and no cars for 1 week....heck they didn't even get the main street plowed for 8 days!! People pulling sleds full of groceries and the stores running out of most everything! That is why when there is a storm now....everyone stocks up just in case! That was a monster storm for sure! Its the one all other storms are compared to and I doubt we will see a storm like that again in our lifetime!

Lets hear your stories of the Great Blizzard of 1978!!

Almost time to get our fish on!!!
BigFish is offline   Reply With Quote