Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Grumpy Old Pharts Board

Grumpy Old Pharts Board Gerritol, Ex-Lax, Immodium, Bad Breath - all requirements for the Grumpy Board

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-01-2010, 04:47 PM   #1
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

Verizon Garumpage

Get a bill the other day for $168.62, of which $28.50 is the monthly service charge, and the rest is for me being seven minutes late getting back to the house to meet a service tech who was there because my phones chit the bed again. When they made the appointment they gave me a seven hour window 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. that the tech would show up during. So $140.12 was for the tech to come because he couldn't get into my house to check the service box, which is located on the outside of the house, d'oh. I should have smelled a rat when I called to tell them I was now home and the female in the office who answered the phone said the tech checked outside the house and he knows the problem is inside. There was new snow on the outside of the house, a whole god damn foot, and I allready checked to see if the tech walked to the box and hadn't because there were no foot prints in the foot of snow, so she was lying to begin with. So because no one is there they get to charge, I can understand that to a certain degree, but not when part of the charge if not the entire charge was based on a lie.
So now the tech comes back and without coming inside he goes to the service box and finds there is no dial tone, which means the problem is at the pole or further away. Tech knocks and says he is going to the big green box by the YMCA and checked that. He comes back in a half an hour, part of which was getting a coffee. Knocks on the door again and says try your phone. I do, it works. Tech says one of his fat fingered co-workers (his words) knocked my pair off its appointed spot inside the box while he serviced the pair right next to mine. So its there fault I had to call them to begin with.
Now I am on the phone with the kid at the call center. He detects I am getting hot. He calls the woman at the dispatch and billing center. She explains the charge. With them both on the phone I said because I am seven minute late getting back to the house on a call that was generated due to one of your employees shoddy workmanship your charging me all this money. I then said when I hang up I am making an appointment with Comcast to come tomorrow and wire my house completely and I'll cancell both my phone lines. And that'll be the end of this.
Next thing the phone guy says we'll take that charge of the bill, is that O.k. Yes it is I said. Done.

Last edited by Swimmer; 02-12-2010 at 10:00 AM..

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman
Swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote