Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Grumpy Old Pharts Board

Grumpy Old Pharts Board Gerritol, Ex-Lax, Immodium, Bad Breath - all requirements for the Grumpy Board

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-13-2011, 01:19 PM   #1
JohnnyD

Woke up yesterday to a visitor in the house...

Got woken up at 5am yesterday to all sorts of banging around. Initially I thought the white trash next door was still awake from their nightly crack binge, but thought it strange since they're usually passed out around 3am.

Walk into the living room and towards the window to look outside. I see something move out of the corner of my groggy eye, look up and this is looking back at me...

After chasing it back and forth for 15 minutes on the curtains, it decided to jump from the curtains, to a lamp, ripped down a coat rack and launched 5 feet over onto the fireplace mantle. Then it finally calmed down.

I put a headlamp on and used it to blind the furry rat. Armed with a beach towel and heavy snow gloves (couldn't find the leather gloves), I was able to grab it from the side of the fireplace. Got one hand (glove?) around its head and a full fist around the torso just below the neck.

The thing went ballistic, understandably so. It squirmed like mad for a few seconds then chomped through the glove and into the hand around its head not once, but twice. As a reaction, I must have squeezed the other hand around its torso super tight because it just froze in place.

With a throbbing, bloody finger and a somewhat paralyzed tree rat in my hand, I walked over and opened a window that doesn't have a screen - we're on the second floor with the driveway right below that window.

I 'Randy Johnson-ed' that effing thing as hard as I could out the window. It hits the driveway, rolls a few times and then sits there a second. Next thing you know, it's scurrying across the driveway and up a tree all nimbly-bimbly like nothing happened.
JohnnyD is offline   Reply With Quote