Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Grumpy Old Pharts Board

Grumpy Old Pharts Board Gerritol, Ex-Lax, Immodium, Bad Breath - all requirements for the Grumpy Board

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-07-2012, 04:40 PM   #1
ecduzitgood
time to go

30# test is not enough for the ditch

Computers suck going to have to start my rant all over...this may take a minute....

I have had it with people fishing gear that is too light for the canal. Sure you can catch a bass on 30 pound test , hell you can do it with 4 pound test but it isn't right when there are others fishing near you.
I am going to give you 10 minutes to 15 minutes tops to get your fish out of my way unless I can see the gear and the angler are up to the challenge...if it looks like you are using 20# test and light gear than we are going to have a problem, my 60# is coming.
It is fine when there is no crowd but when there is it is just inconsiderate.
I get to a spot I want to fish hours before the spot is good and there usually isn't anyone near me. So if you show up later than me and think I am going to wait long for you to land a fish guess again, my 60# or 80# is going right over your line after a reasonable wait 10-15 minutes

Last edited by ecduzitgood; 06-10-2012 at 02:09 PM..
ecduzitgood is offline   Reply With Quote