Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 10-30-2015, 03:52 PM   #1
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
I am a big believer that when there is credible data, correlation usually, not always, implies some causation.
That depends on who's analyzing the data.

Quote:
Look at the 10 states that liberals identify as the top 10. Is there anytihng else that connects them so consistently, as their whiteness? i don't know. But when all 10 have 75% fewer blacks than the nationwoide average, anyone who took stats 101 would say that sure sticks out. You could also say that most are in the north. Those frigid winters tend to keep out the riff-raff.
I answered this question above yet you simply didn't understand it.

I liked your last sentence though.
Old 10-30-2015, 04:35 PM   #2
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
That depends on who's analyzing the data.

I answered this question above yet you simply didn't understand it.

I liked your last sentence though.
Yuo did???

"history of slavery, migration caused by Southern segregation, disenfranchisement and industrial growth "

Please elaborate on why those things lead to extremely low black populations, in the states that liberals rank "best"? Even if those things explained low black population in those particular states (which they don't), it doesn't explain why all 10 of the liberal "top 10" happen to be so white? You didn't come close to explaining that.

"I liked your last sentence though"

Well, I presume there is a reason that the top 10 liberal states are not only very white, but also nowhere near the large border with Mexico. Why do you suppose that is? Here', I'll make it easy for you, I will make it fill in the blank.

I, Spence, think that the top 10 liberal states to live in, are almost all white, and not near the Mexican border, because _________.

Now, you go ahead and fill that in, please.