Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Sports Talk - Title Town

Sports Talk - Title Town Sports Talk - Our Home for the 2004/2007 World Champion Red Sox, Super Bowl XXXVI, XXXVIII, XXXIX Champion Patriots! SEVENTEEN TIME NBA Champion Boston Celtics, 2011 winners of Lord Stanley's Cup Boston Bruins!!!

Old 08-01-2013, 02:30 PM   #1
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Baseball is a joke !
Every last one of them are on something illegal.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Raider Ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 02:33 PM   #2
Ian
Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie View Post
Baseball is a joke !
Every last one of them are on something illegal.
I don't think thats the case... at least there is no material evidence to support that claim. Unlike the overwhelming material evidence to support the claim that A-Rod (and others) were/are on something illegal...

The artist formerly known as Scratch59.
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 02:47 PM   #3
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Bull.
A big % took them.
Owners looked the other way as did MLB powers to be.
It's all about $$$
If steroids was hurting the game you could bet your ass they would have done things much different.
But you got guys like Sosa & McGwire - a-Hole and hundreds in between hitting home runs at a record pace it was good for business $$$
Baseball is a joke.
I will say this.
I never liked him much when he was with the Sox but looking back (assuming he never juiced also )
What Pedro Martinez did while with the Red Sox and every guy he faced was juicing, best pitcher of my lifetime hands down !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
I don't think thats the case... at least there is no material evidence to support that claim. Unlike the overwhelming material evidence to support the claim that A-Rod (and others) were/are on something illegal...

LETS GO BRANDON
Raider Ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 03:05 PM   #4
Ian
Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie View Post
Bull.
A big % took them.
Owners looked the other way as did MLB powers to be.
It's all about $$$
If steroids was hurting the game you could bet your ass they would have done things much different.
But you got guys like Sosa & McGwire - a-Hole and hundreds in between hitting home runs at a record pace it was good for business $$$
Baseball is a joke.
I will say this.
I never liked him much when he was with the Sox but looking back (assuming he never juiced also )
What Pedro Martinez did while with the Red Sox and every guy he faced was juicing, best pitcher of my lifetime hands down !

I don't want to completely derail the thread from good ol Alex-bashing. Pedro was a wizard... I forget how much of an impact his years with the Sox had on my current love affair with baseball. That guy (along with Nomah) deserved a ring. I used to listen to EVERY baseball game on the radio as a kid because of those guys (I am a young'n.) Although a lot of the big names of that era were dragged through the mud, I still love the sport and support the ongoing effort to clean it up.

The artist formerly known as Scratch59.
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote