Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 11-22-2015, 03:07 PM   #1
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishpoopoo View Post
Uh, I dunno if this fact is appreciated by the general public. They seem to have an impression of ISIS being jihadist radicals. Actually, the leadership isn't.
So we're not at war with jihadists? Somebody had better tell Jim.

Quote:
Both Obama and Hillary had plenty of time to fix this before ISIS became an issue. They had every opportunity to make simple fixes.

Iraqi Baathist officials were Sunni but largely secular. Wouldn't have been much of a stink to re-instate them.

They made the situation worse by withdrawing and doing nothing else.
Not much of a stink to re-instate Baathist officials? That's beyond idealistic thinking. It's silly actually.

As for those "simple fixes." I assume you mean like unilateral involvement in the Syrian civil war? Letting US troops stay in Iraq governed by Iraqi law?

This is a big and complex issue without any easy fixes. Obama's policy may have been cautious and assumed the Iraqi's would actually use the equipment we gave them. But the flip side quickly puts us into another protracted and messy war largely isolated from the International community.
Old 11-23-2015, 10:36 AM   #2
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
So we're not at war with jihadists? Somebody had better tell Jim.

Not much of a stink to re-instate Baathist officials? That's beyond idealistic thinking. It's silly actually.

As for those "simple fixes." I assume you mean like unilateral involvement in the Syrian civil war? Letting US troops stay in Iraq governed by Iraqi law?

This is a big and complex issue without any easy fixes. Obama's policy may have been cautious and assumed the Iraqi's would actually use the equipment we gave them. But the flip side quickly puts us into another protracted and messy war largely isolated from the International community.
"As for those "simple fixes."

Or our d*ckhead-in-chief could have listened to all the military advisors, and there were planty of them, who begged him to get a SOF agreement with Iraq to leave behind a sufficient peacekeeping force to maintain trhe stability which Obama inherited, and then completely squandered. The Surge worked. Al Queda in Iraq, which was the precursor to ISIS, was crushed, defeated, gone.

Obama truly believed he could make these people like us by projecting moral superiority over the previous administration. When it didn't work, he had no other ideas, he was a one trick pony.

Here's how effective Obama is at foreign policy. The doctor who helped us get Bin Laden, is stuck in a goddamn Pakistani prison. Not only have we not demanded his release, we still send aid to these people? Either cut the aid until he is released, or have Seal Team 6 storm the prison. Get this doctor out, bring his family here, and give him the $25 million dollar reward he deserves.

After seeing this guy languish in prison, why the hell would anyone stick their necks out to help us?

How long, O lord?
Old 11-23-2015, 12:45 PM   #3
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Or our d*ckhead-in-chief could have listened to all the military advisors,
That is a good one!

Your complementing yourself in another thread by saying something along the lines "my kids will never hear me throw the Fbomb" made me laugh and reinforced my view of what type of person you are.

POS, FCOTUS and now D*ckhead. miserable.
Old 11-23-2015, 01:53 PM   #4
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
That is a good one!

Your complementing yourself in another thread by saying something along the lines "my kids will never hear me throw the Fbomb" made me laugh and reinforced my view of what type of person you are.

POS, FCOTUS and now D*ckhead. miserable.
Paul, the man referred to people like me as "bitter clingers". He said that conservatives "gotta stop just hatin' all the time". Now, he says that we are all afraid of liberal media and 3 year-old orphans, and "that doesn't sound so tough" to him". Sorry, the man has made it abundantly clear what he thinks about white people who disagree with him, so he deserves no better. He is consistently dishonest, insulting, and hostile towards my ilk. When he treats my views with some minimum amount of respect, that's what he'll get from me.

I didn't use the f-bomb, and my kids don't know about this site. Zero hypocrisy.

The type of person I am, is one who has no inclination to make "fake nice" with people who always throw elbows at others, but cry like a baby when someone elbows back.
Old 11-23-2015, 03:11 PM   #5
fishpoopoo
Wipe My Bottom

Cool

Quote:
So we're not at war with jihadists?
Quote:

http://www.spiegel.de/international/...a-1029274.html

In 2010, Bakr and a small group of former Iraqi intelligence officers made Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, the emir and later "caliph," the official leader of the Islamic State. They reasoned that Baghdadi, an educated cleric, would give the group a religious face.

Bakr was "a nationalist, not an Islamist," says Iraqi journalist Hisham al-Hashimi, as he recalls the former career officer, who was stationed with Hashimi's cousin at the Habbaniya Air Base. "Colonel Samir," as Hashimi calls him, "was highly intelligent, firm and an excellent logistician."
Our country is at war with adversaries who are decidedly more intelligent and ruthless than the morons currently occupying the white house.

Our enemies are more savvy than the idiots who put said cretins into the white house.

ISIS leadership is not jihadist. They recruit and exploit nutbags who are to do the dirty work.

Old 11-23-2015, 03:14 PM   #6
fishpoopoo
Wipe My Bottom

Cool

Quote:
Look, Obama's and Hilldog's and Lurch's foreign policy in this regard have been an unmitigated disaster.

The results speak for themselves and the Europeans are pissed at us because the problem is spilling over into the continent. Russia feels like they have to step in because of "Obama's cautious policy." It was inept policy formed by inept leadership.

You are just rationalizing. Typical Obama apologist.

Old 11-23-2015, 03:16 PM   #7
fishpoopoo
Wipe My Bottom

Cool

The Saudis sized up Obozo and saw this coming.

They're not dumb.