Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 12-12-2015, 04:36 PM   #1
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
When people criticize Trump for wanting a temporary ban on Muslim immigration by saying that's not who we are, or that it is un-American, or anti-constitutional, do they know what they are talking about? I'd think the Founders' opinion would be American, constitutional, and who we are:

http://humanevents.com/2015/12/11/im...tm_campaign=nl
Your author goes off the tracks in their very first sentence.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 12-12-2015, 05:16 PM   #2
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Trump is a Nationalist in every sense of the word. And many are attracted to strengthening this nation. That said, he is also a world class self promoter above anything and as much a wildcard as the nutjob who is President of Iran.
Old 12-13-2015, 06:51 AM   #3
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Your author goes off the tracks in their very first sentence.
Spence, you are resorting to your old, annoying hit and run tactics again.... Stand up and explain yourself instead.
Here is the first sentence to which you refer;

President Obama claims that restricting immigration in order to protect national security is “offensive and contrary to American values.”
Old 12-13-2015, 11:59 AM   #4
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfighter View Post
Spence, you are resorting to your old, annoying hit and run tactics again.... Stand up and explain yourself instead.
Here is the first sentence to which you refer;

President Obama claims that restricting immigration in order to protect national security is “offensive and contrary to American values.”
It's not hit and run, I just have other priorities.

The author is taking the Obama quote out of context and attempting to run with it the entire piece.
Old 12-13-2015, 02:53 PM   #5
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Quote:
It's not hit and run, I just have other priorities.

The author is taking the Obama quote out of context and attempting to run with it the entire piece.
DON'T SPIN THIS...... ENGLISH IS MY FIRST LANGUAGE. I UNDERSTAND WHAT OBAMA SAID, HAS SAID, OVER AND OVER. THIS IS NOT OUT OF CONTEXT. Do you think we were born yesterday to believe your increasing jibberish?
Old 12-13-2015, 04:10 PM   #6
spence

Quote:
DON'T SPIN THIS...... ENGLISH IS MY FIRST LANGUAGE. I UNDERSTAND WHAT OBAMA SAID, HAS SAID, OVER AND OVER. THIS IS NOT OUT OF CONTEXT. Do you think we were born yesterday to believe your increasing jibberish?
Why are you yelling?
Old 12-13-2015, 04:36 PM   #7
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Quote:
Why are you yelling?
Because you continue with a guerilla politico, half response style designed to antagonize, and twist statements to fit your party line point of view. You spew the liberal sheeple sentiment, denying your chosen one could do any wrong. I also yell because I don't have the power to deport aggravating windbags like you to the Sudan.... which I assume would be more acceptable to you than RR's suggestion.
Old 12-13-2015, 04:47 PM   #8
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

As for the point of the original post; I have no problem with making the immediate immigration process difficult enough, across the board, to keep muslim terrorist supporters at bay and out of the country. If this means making it more difficult for the rest of the world to come here, Too bad. Eventually it will work out so that the timeline will be stretched out for the group from which the majority of the threat would be coming from anyway. Just ramping it up for all, to comply with the PC left, and not be stating the word muslim in perfecting the denial guidelines. Me, I would rather be right in your face and tell you that your religious choice is going to bring you considerable scrutiny and place you firmly in the unlikely group. Not all muslims are terrorists. But it sure seems like ALL terrorists are muslim.......
Old 12-13-2015, 07:07 PM   #9
spence

Quote:
Because you continue with a guerilla politico, half response style designed to antagonize, and twist statements to fit your party line point of view. You spew the liberal sheeple sentiment, denying your chosen one could do any wrong. I also yell because I don't have the power to deport aggravating windbags like you to the Sudan.... which I assume would be more acceptable to you than RR's suggestion.
What you mistake for "guerilla politico" is has more to do if I'm traveling and on my iPad...it's harder to type long responses.

But for all your whining you don't seem to be asking any questions that show a willingness to think critically. Is the Obama quote taken out of context? Aren't you curious as to why I would say that? Did you bother to source the actual remark and seek an understanding?
Old 12-13-2015, 07:43 PM   #10
buckman

Quote:
Why are you yelling?
Funny stuff . My ex used to text everything in capitals even when she wasn't mad . I used to ask her that all the time and she never figured out what I meant .
Old 12-13-2015, 07:46 PM   #11
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Yeah, it's all good