Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 07-18-2016, 08:48 AM   #1
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
Is there a reason he won't light the Whitehouse blue ? I know it's purely symbolic and just shows your support but isn't that why it was done in the rainbow colors also .
Once again he had an opportunity and he chose not to do it . Can one of his defenders explain that ?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
So ordering flags to be flown at half mast isn't the more appropriate response?
Old 07-18-2016, 09:14 AM   #2
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post

That goes without even saying, kind of like black lives matter, of course they matter, it goes without saying.

the question was about lighting the white house with blue lights as a sign of support, it would go a long way if it was.

if we don't strongly speak out against the killing of police, then we are no longer civilized. It's about doing the right thing.
7-1/2 years in, and I'm not sure he is going to take the correct advice from anyone. Perception is reality

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Old 07-18-2016, 09:40 AM   #3
DZ

There is an old adage in America that if something happens on your watch you can take credit for it, but also must take the blame for it. POTUS has been quick to take credit for economic recovery and should also take a good share of the blame for what has happened with race relations in his two terms. This will be part of his legacy.

Then I was reading an article in the Huffington post this weekend that mentioned that the term "All Lives Matter" is racist and incites violence. All I could do is shake my head.

DZ
Recreational Surfcaster
"Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your Limit"

Bi + Ne = SB 2

If you haven't heard of the Snowstorm Blitz of 1987 - you someday will.
Old 07-18-2016, 09:56 AM   #4
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
You didn't answer the question of course .
Ordering the flags flown at half mast was the correct thing to do . Hope he wasn't doing it just to form some kind of "appropriate response"
At the rate things are going , half mast seems to be the norm . Very sad
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Last edited by buckman; 07-18-2016 at 10:05 AM..