Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 12-01-2016, 07:33 PM   #1
MikeD

I shouldn't have said your boy. There's enough tension without being a little pissy in my statement. First off, I'm a democrat and we effed this thing up beyond all belief. They railroaded Bernie and shoved a candidate that inspired no one down our throats. The arrogance was ridiculous.

I'm genuinely concerned about our president elect. The floating of climate change deniers for head of the epa, big energy people for minding of our national parks, Goldman et al. for our treasury. I'm just freaking the eff out these days. I don't think everyone that voted trump is a racist, I want change too. My pay vs. inflation has been losing. I don't even know what my point is.

I like to cast pencils over boulder fields.

also, talking to pakistan without security briefings is horrifying.

Last edited by MikeD; 12-01-2016 at 07:43 PM..
Old 12-01-2016, 08:52 PM   #2
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeD View Post
I shouldn't have said your boy. There's enough tension without being a little pissy in my statement. First off, I'm a democrat and we effed this thing up beyond all belief. They railroaded Bernie and shoved a candidate that inspired no one down our throats. The arrogance was ridiculous.

I'm genuinely concerned about our president elect. The floating of climate change deniers for head of the epa, big energy people for minding of our national parks, Goldman et al. for our treasury. I'm just freaking the eff out these days. I don't think everyone that voted trump is a racist, I want change too. My pay vs. inflation has been losing. I don't even know what my point is.

I like to cast pencils over boulder fields.

also, talking to pakistan without security briefings is horrifying.
I wasn't miffed, just pointing out that I think he's a vile narcissist.

"They railroaded Bernie and shoved a candidate that inspired no one down our throats. The arrogance was ridiculous"

Agreed.

"I'm just freaking the eff out these days."

8 years ago, I was trying to fathom how we rejected a hero like McCain for a guy whose spiritual mentor (Rev Wright) is a lunatic who hates the country, whose political mentor (Bill Ayers) is a lunatic who hates the country, and whose wife said she wasn't proud of the country until he got the nomination (her words). I promise you, you aren't more freaked out than I was. I hope you conclude he's not as bad as you feared.

"I like to cast pencils over boulder fields."

I always had more luck with Dannys.