Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 02-01-2018, 10:49 AM   #1
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
and the Repub. are claiming that the reason for the FISA request was the Steele document but it makes no difference what caused the FBI requested it.
Well no, the FISA request has to be thoroughly justified for a Judge to sign it. If the Steele document was the only basis for the request it would have never been approved from what I understand.

It's also unclear how Nunes even got the FISA request to begin with and there's suspicion now there was coordination with the White House in its creation.
Old 02-01-2018, 11:16 AM   #2
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Well no, the FISA request has to be thoroughly justified for a Judge to sign it. If the Steele document was the only basis for the request it would have never been approved from what I understand.

It's also unclear how Nunes even got the FISA request to begin with and there's suspicion now there was coordination with the White House in its creation.
"FISA request has to be thoroughly justified for a Judge to sign it"

First, can you tell us how you know what the standards are for FISA requests to be granted? I thought they were secret.

Second, it's possible that a knowingly false request could be presented to a judge, in order to meet the burden. No one is saying the judge didn't grant it, perhaps he granted it based on knowingly false information.

I'm not following this that closely. Sean Hannity is saying that Hilary's campaign paid for a dossier of lies to be put together which was presented to a FISA judge, for the purposes of spying on Trump. I wouldn't bet a nickel that's true. But I am curious. But it's impossible to know what's true.
Old 02-01-2018, 11:26 AM   #3
PaulS

Quote:
I think we are in somewhat agreement. It is my understanding that if they used the Steele doc. in any way they still would have to provide other evidence.
Old 02-01-2018, 12:12 PM   #4
PaulS

Quote:
there's suspicion now there was coordination with the White House in its creation.
Just saw this

On Monday, Rep. Mike Quigly (D-IL) asked Nunes if his staffers worked with the White House on his memo. Nunes originally answered the question by saying “as far as I know” no one collaborated with the White House. Ultimately, though, he refused to answer the question — perhaps suggesting that there may actually have been some collusion there