Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Main Forum » StriperTalk!

StriperTalk! All things Striper

Old 02-28-2018, 10:06 AM   #1
thefishingfreak
"Fishbucket"

There's no bass in the eez anyways.

It should be a 3 mile line. 3 miles from land.
Look at the eez directly from Boston. Instead of drawing a 3 mile line, they said f'kit and just made a straight line from situate to Gloucester. Giving Boston proper an almost 13 mile line. (Block is only 8 miles from pt jude)It Would be simple enough to just move the line 3 miles past the block and make the entire sound inside the line like Boston.
This is more of a thorn in the side of the doomsday preppers trying to hold on to hallow ground, like an "AHA!"" You're inside the eez" "POACHERS", than a common sense "The line is missing" coast guard oversight or afterthought.

If it's illegal to kill bass on a boat within 3 miles of Block, it should also be illegal to kill bass from the shores as well.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
thefishingfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 11:14 AM   #2
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefishingfreak View Post
There's no bass in the eez anyways.

It should be a 3 mile line. 3 miles from land.
Look at the eez directly from Boston. Instead of drawing a 3 mile line, they said f'kit and just made a straight line from situate to Gloucester. Giving Boston proper an almost 13 mile line. (Block is only 8 miles from pt jude)It Would be simple enough to just move the line 3 miles past the block and make the entire sound inside the line like Boston.
This is more of a thorn in the side of the doomsday preppers trying to hold on to hallow ground, like an "AHA!"" You're inside the eez" "POACHERS", than a common sense "The line is missing" coast guard oversight or afterthought.

If it's illegal to kill bass on a boat within 3 miles of Block, it should also be illegal to kill bass from the shores as well.
You have no idea what you are talking about in regards to block island. There is a 3 mile sphere around the island that delineates the eez. You can steam towards Long Island sound from BI and be in the eez near the sub buoy.

Gamefish status with a slot plus one trophy tag per year would solve all of this bulk#^&#^&#^&#^&.
Nebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 01:09 PM   #3
Mike P
Jiggin' Leper Lawyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
You have no idea what you are talking about in regards to block island. There is a 3 mile sphere around the island that delineates the eez. You can steam towards Long Island sound from BI and be in the eez near the sub buoy.

Gamefish status with a slot plus one trophy tag per year would solve all of this bulk#^&#^&#^&#^&.
The problem will solve itself when the bottom drops out of the fishery. Which it will. And sooner than you think. All the warning signs I saw in the late 1970s are present again.

When it does, maybe this time gamefish status will happen.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.
Mike P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 03:29 PM   #4
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike P View Post
The problem will solve itself when the bottom drops out of the fishery. Which it will. And sooner than you think. All the warning signs I saw in the late 1970s are present again.

When it does, maybe this time gamefish status will happen.
Maybe. But somehow I doubt it. Greed and ignorance seem to run rampant these days.
Nebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 04:00 PM   #6
Guppy
User

Oops, I guess that's a hijack ...
I'll put it in the boat forum.....
Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote