Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 04-28-2018, 12:47 PM   #1
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Most of the people think so, look at the Rasmussen poll. Notice how quiet he is on that but, don't worry he is having another rally.
When he gets done playing golf.
"I'm going to be working for you. I'm not going to have time to go play golf." --Donald J. Trump, August, 2016
And dont forget this one
‘‘The mob takes the Fifth,’’ Trump told a campaign crowd in Iowa last September. ‘‘If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?’’
Again, how is Trump not doing his job?
Old 04-28-2018, 01:20 PM   #2
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
I guess it depends on what that "job" really is. If you were to ask how he's doing giving ridiculous tax breaks to the wealthy and generally making a clown of himself I'd say he's doing a great job.
Old 04-28-2018, 01:22 PM   #3
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I guess it depends on what that "job" really is. If you were to ask how he's doing giving ridiculous tax breaks to the wealthy and generally making a clown of himself I'd say he's doing a great job.
bitter clinger
Old 04-28-2018, 01:21 PM   #4
scottw

Quote:
seems to appear when taken in context that by all measurable standards he's doing a pretty good job...
Old 04-28-2018, 07:12 PM   #5
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
If his job is making sure that the proletariat (lowest class of citizens, predating Marx by more than a thousand years) have less and grows as a group, while ensuring that the wealthiest people control more and more then yes, one would say he is doing his job.
The rise of the corporation will lead to the end of democracy in this country. The middle class is the heart of democracy and it is dying.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-28-2018, 07:42 PM   #6
Slipknot
Super Moderator

It's pretty obvious the correlation of the wealthy in the DC area has a lot to do with the elite ruling class and corrupt Government employees who are supposed to work for us, lobbyists , big business etc.

either by county https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...=.36b669d113df

or neighborhood http://washington.cbslocal.com/2014/...neighborhoods/

They have been stealing America from our children for years. All for greed. Republicans and Democrats alike

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Old 04-29-2018, 11:21 AM   #7
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipknot View Post
It's pretty obvious the correlation of the wealthy in the DC area has a lot to do with the elite ruling class and corrupt Government employees who are supposed to work for us, lobbyists , big business etc.
I'm not sure that correlation is that meaningful on its own. DC is home to a lot of higher income people who have nothing to do with government.
Old 04-28-2018, 09:50 PM   #8
detbuch

Quote:
If his job is making sure that the proletariat (lowest class of citizens, predating Marx by more than a thousand years) have less and grows as a group, while ensuring that the wealthiest people control more and more then yes, one would say he is doing his job.
The rise of the corporation will lead to the end of democracy in this country. The middle class is the heart of democracy and it is dying.
For the third time , I ask you, how is Trump not doing, as you put it, "the job"?
Old 04-29-2018, 01:44 PM   #9
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
For the third time , I ask you, how is Trump not doing, as you put it, "the job"?
The job
Time will tell how Trump did.
If you can tell now how his presidency will go down in history you should go to Vegas
He may have achieved some things, but I always mistrust people who tell me how great they are. I’ve learned that from experience, perhaps yours has been different.
He takes credit for any good thing that happens and ignores the bad.
His “fake news” attacks that have gone on consistently are divisive at best.
But of course the news is fake because he is the greatest, the only one, the best, a very stable genius, least racist and possibly next he will say the son and Holy Ghost are at his side.
He is doing great you can tell from the unemployment reports (which until he won were fake), the stock market which has continued it’s rise, and Isis which has continued to fall. Don’t worry a tax cut during an economic expansion will reduce the deficit.
I don’t trust him.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-30-2018, 11:27 AM   #10
Jim in CT

Quote:
Unemployment is way down. For blacks, it's at record lows. Judging by the democrat response to that at the State Of The Union, maybe that's not the good news I presume it is. Perhaps you can explain why that is...

Did the wealthy not get wealthier under Obama? Given the stock market surge, that would be a nifty trick.

When the economy grows, that will always help the wealthier more than it helps regular folks, because they have more money to invest. Maybe that's not fair, but it's not a bad thing either, the wealthy aren't taking anything away from anyone else, wealth isn't finite, it's not like a pizza. Racism and income inequality, two favorite things for liberals to fall back on when they have nohting else, and cannot admit that the other guy has a point.
Old 04-30-2018, 11:51 AM   #11
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Unemployment is way down. For blacks, it's at record lows. Judging by the democrat response to that at the State Of The Union, maybe that's not the good news I presume it is. Perhaps you can explain why that is...

Did the wealthy not get wealthier under Obama? Given the stock market surge, that would be a nifty trick.

When the economy grows, that will always help the wealthier more than it helps regular folks, because they have more money to invest. Maybe that's not fair, but it's not a bad thing either, the wealthy aren't taking anything away from anyone else, wealth isn't finite, it's not like a pizza. Racism and income inequality, two favorite things for liberals to fall back on when they have nohting else, and cannot admit that the other guy has a point.
Where did you get race out of that?
Income inequality is real and capital is somewhat finite, less so now that we do not have a gold standard.
But capital has been flowing to the people at the very top(think 1%) and has accelerated. It's not just the latest administrations fault, but the tax change did not help. I'm sure the Waltons deserve it, after all they spread 2% out among their employees.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-30-2018, 12:44 PM   #12
Jim in CT

Quote:
Income inequality is real and capital is somewhat finite, less so now that we do not have a gold standard.
But capital has been flowing to the people at the very top(think 1%) and has accelerated. It's not just the latest administrations fault, but the tax change did not help. I'm sure the Waltons deserve it, after all they spread 2% out among their employees.
"Where did you get race out of that?" You make it seem like liberals care a lot about helping the poor. If that's true, why did all the democrats sit there with scowls on their faces, when Trump proclaimed that black unemployment was at record lows?

"Income inequality is real "

It sure is. Here in ultra-liberal CT, it is real and getting worse.

"and capital is somewhat finite"

Wealth is not finite. There is no hard cap to what GDP can be. If Warren Buffet earns another $1 million today, that doe snot mean there's a million less for you ad me to scrounge for. Wealthy people are good for the economy. They pay taxes on some of that wealth, they invest some of it, they spend some of it, they give some to charity. All of those things, help the economy. And except in the case of thieves, they aren't taking anything away from anyone else.

How would you deal with this? Would you pass a law saying that once someone achieves a certain net worth, that they can no longer work or invest?

"But capital has been flowing to the people at the very top(think 1%) and has accelerated"

It always does. And it doesn't negatively effect me or you, one bit. One person's wealth doesn't cause another person's poverty.

"sure the Waltons deserve it"

I didn't say that. I said that if the Waltons lost it all in the stock market tomorrow and became poor, I don't see how that helps anyone else.
Old 04-30-2018, 12:45 PM   #13
Jim in CT

Quote:
"Where did you get race out of that?" You make it seem like liberals care a lot about helping the poor. If that's true, why did all the democrats sit there with scowls on their faces, when Trump proclaimed that black unemployment was at record lows?

"Income inequality is real "

It sure is. Here in ultra-liberal CT, it is real and getting worse.

"and capital is somewhat finite"

Wealth is not finite. There is no hard cap to what GDP can be. If Warren Buffet earns another $1 million today, that doe snot mean there's a million less for you ad me to scrounge for. Wealthy people are good for the economy. They pay taxes on some of that wealth, they invest some of it, they spend some of it, they give some to charity. All of those things, help the economy. And except in the case of thieves, they aren't taking anything away from anyone else.

How would you deal with this? Would you pass a law saying that once someone achieves a certain net worth, that they can no longer work or invest?

"But capital has been flowing to the people at the very top(think 1%) and has accelerated"

It always does. And it doesn't negatively effect me or you, one bit. One person's wealth doesn't cause another person's poverty.

"sure the Waltons deserve it"

I didn't say that. I said that if the Waltons lost it all in the stock market tomorrow and became poor, I don't see how that helps anyone else.

"the tax change did not help"

No? The $38 billion in taxes that Apple will pay when it brings cash back, that won't help? The new jobs and infrastructure investments promised by Apple and Comcast won't help?