Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 07-17-2018, 07:27 AM   #1
DZ

Wasn't crazy about the news conference. But I haven't seen the transcripts or heard any dialog of what happened at the summit meeting?

DZ
Recreational Surfcaster
"Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your Limit"

Bi + Ne = SB 2

If you haven't heard of the Snowstorm Blitz of 1987 - you someday will.
Old 07-17-2018, 08:00 AM   #2
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DZ View Post
Wasn't crazy about the news conference. But I haven't seen the transcripts or heard any dialog of what happened at the summit meeting?

The parts I heard were pretty bad. Though it was not the Pearl Harbor some were claiming it to be. But it was bad.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 07-17-2018, 08:10 AM   #3
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
The parts I heard were pretty bad. Though it was not the Pearl Harbor some were claiming it to be. But it was bad.
Meanwhile in Newburyport....

https://www.facebook.com/events/249923209132327/

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 07-17-2018, 08:44 AM   #4
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
If my history is correct the GOP held impeachment hearings against Clinton for lying under oath for a blow Job.... I recall the outrage

Clearly Trump has yet to Lie under oath (he'll never speak under oath )

I would not call his press conference Treasonous but based on that performance I can see his arrogance and his reliance on him self as the his best advisor he and his people could have and most likely were Unwitting Co-conspirators

Intent will be a mute point ignorance of the law will not be a defense

the totality of the evidence will be hard to explain away

and yet all I here from Trump supporters is were is the proo

f 1) George Papadopoulos, former Trump campaign foreign policy adviser, pleaded guilty in October to making false statements to the FBI.

2) Michael Flynn, Trump’s former national security adviser, pleaded guilty in December to making false statements to the FBI.

3) Paul Manafort, Trump’s former campaign chair, was indicted in October in Washington, DC on charges of conspiracy, money laundering, and false statements — all related to his work for Ukrainian politicians before he joined the Trump campaign. He’s pleaded not guilty on all counts. Then, in February, Mueller filed a new case against him in Virginia, with tax, financial, and bank fraud charges.

4) Rick Gates, a former Trump campaign aide and Manafort’s longtime junior business partner, was indicted on similar charges to Manafort. But in February he agreed to a plea deal with Mueller’s team, pleading guilty to just one false statements charge and one conspiracy charge.

5-20) 13 Russian nationals and three Russian companies were indicted on conspiracy charges, with some also being accused of identity theft. The charges related to a Russian propaganda effort designed to interfere with the 2016 campaign. The companies involved are the Internet Research Agency, often described as a “Russian troll farm,” and two other companies that helped finance it. The Russian nationals indicted include 12 of the agency’s employees and its alleged financier, Yevgeny Prigozhin.

21) Richard Pinedo: This California man pleaded guilty to an identity theft charge in connection with the Russian indictments, and has agreed to cooperate with Mueller.

22) Alex van der Zwaan: This London lawyer pleaded guilty to making false statements to the FBI about his contacts with Rick Gates and another unnamed person based in Ukraine.

23) Konstantin Kilimnik: This longtime business associate of Manafort and Gates, who’s currently based in Russia, was charged alongside Manafort with attempting to obstruct justice by tampering with witnesses in Manafort’s pending case this year.

24-35) 12 Russian GRU officers: These officers of Russia’s military intelligence service were charged with crimes related to

I never saw that same requirement with the BENGHAZI investigation was more than two-year investigation, encompassing 33 hearings held in congressional investigations and four public hearings, at an estimated cost of $7 million Republicans once again failed to find a smoking gun to pin the tragedy on Clinton or anyone else

But this is a witch hunt
Old 07-17-2018, 09:00 AM   #5
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
Pearl Harbor, Kristallnacht, 911....good grief...

politics has become religion...ironically transformed by many of the same people who insist that religion has no place politics...if you don't conform you are a heretic...true believers run around repeating memorized lines from their version of the good book believing that their devotion makes them better, smarter and in charge of all the unassailable facts and knowledge on virtually any subject....sharing a meme or cutting and pasting establishes undeniable facts...inescapable from every aspect of society now...strangely devoid of a sense of humor and seemingly ready to pounce at any opportunity to prove moral superiority....conditioned human robots staring and their phones all day getting marching orders from the Matrix...lots of zealots with lips moving so fast the ears don't work....

it's actually pretty amusing when you step away and watch the circus...but it's probably not going to end well as these things tend to go