Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 08-13-2018, 08:07 AM   #1
Pete F.
Canceled

So we need to fix the immigration system.
Currently the republicans control the necessary branches of government to do it and have the master dealmaker in the Presidency.
They ought to be able to accomplish something with immigration.
Here's a plan put forth by a Republican organization
https://www.bushcenter.org/publicati...RoCFzEQAvD_BwE

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-13-2018, 08:16 AM   #2
scottw

there is a great story out of Chicago...no, not the 72 shootings weekend before last and probably still tallying for this past weekend...but a woman who is a notable activist for laws concerning cyclists and the safety of cyclists was run over by a woman making a U-turn....driver was here illegally, no license, no insurance.....the illegal hopped out of the car and rather than asking if the cyclist if she was ok pleading that she not be deported.....the activist got to her feet, stuck the woman back in her car, started the car for her and sent her down the road....hopefully she won't kill the next cyclist or pedestrian she runs over...the activist explained...“I am… diehard believer in justice for cyclists to the fullest extent of the law,” she wrote. But she added that she chose not to report the crash and press charges because “my silence became my only weapon against a much bigger war over invisible borders carried out and perpetuated by our careless world leaders.”