Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 12-06-2018, 11:49 AM   #1
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
"isn't that what you did in the tribute thread where you added things about the Clinton's even after Bruce made a new thread and asked everyone to not do that"

The original tribute thread was my thread, so I'm not sure I see how I can be accused of hijacking my own thread. But if it makes you feel better, OK, that's what I did. So ignore the mods. here bc why? It made you feel good to get one more dig on the Clintons?

"So you stopped the good will and caused a diversion "

Sure. I did that, and I got criticized here by all the liberals for doing that. Yet those same liberals, cannot criticize a fellow liberal for doing that. It's only bad when I do it. Why? Can you tell me why that is? It certainly is different doing it in a tribute thread than a thread about a dog.

"I think we see what it looks like to be human when Conserv. try to cut taxes where the primary benefit goes to the rich"

And what happened to black unemployment, and Hispanic unemployment, after that tax cut? It pretty much continued on the same trajectory as it was going on before. I've said here many times lower unemployment (black or othewise) is good for all us How come you left that out. I agree with you 100%, that the tax cut should have been more focused on middle class and below. Where you and I differ, is that I don't have to pretend that there was no benefit to the middle class and below. The benefit was minor to the middle class and that is why the Repubs. didn't run on it in the elections.

You're saying the GOP tax cut was "inhuman"Tax cuts are not inhumane (I think that is what you mean - hopefully Scott won't read it) but when the deficit balloons as many people said and the reaction is to cut spending for the poor- that is inhumane. . Interesting. I'd say it was imperfect, not aimed enough at the people you and I both want to help. But those people were helped by the tax cut, just not as much as they could have been. Is that true or false?

"run up the deficit "

And where was your concern over the deficit, exactly, from 09-16? You mean when the economy was in the crapper? Different times need different measures. I agree the deficit and debt is a MAJPOR issue. But again, the difference between us, is that my concern doesn't depend on the party of the sitting president. Yours does. Which means your concern is selective, which means it's fake.
Just proved that last statement wrong.
Old 12-06-2018, 12:05 PM   #2
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Just proved that last statement wrong.
"It (black unemployment) pretty much continued on the same trajectory as it was going on before"

Ah yes, it was Obama's doing. How silly of me. When things continue on the same trajectory, it's because of the person who initiated that trajectory? It doesn't take work to maintain progress along that trajectory? Fascinating, simply fascinating.

"I've said here many times lower unemployment (black or othewise) is good for all us "

Have you ever said that the GOP tax cuts helped us in that goal?

"The benefit was minor to the middle class and that is why the Repubs. didn't run on it in the elections. "

$200+ a month for me, not minor, and they did run on it.

"You mean when the economy was in the crapper? "

The economy was in the crapper in the last couple of years of Obama's presidency? I missed that, I guess, lucky me.

"Just proved that last statement wrong."

No, you proved it true. Liberal=good, conservative=bad. that was your whole post.
Old 12-06-2018, 01:12 PM   #3
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
"It (black unemployment) pretty much continued on the same trajectory as it was going on before"

Ah yes, it was Obama's doing. How silly of me. When things continue on the same trajectory, it's because of the person who initiated that trajectory? It doesn't take work to maintain progress along that trajectory? Fascinating, simply fascinating.I never claimed that did I? Trump can get credit for continuing if that will make you happy. Show me how the trajectory changed though?

"I've said here many times lower unemployment (black or othewise) is good for all us "

Have you ever said that the GOP tax cuts helped us in that goal?I don't think they did. Most of the tax cuts to corp. went to stock buy backs.

"The benefit was minor to the middle class and that is why the Repubs. didn't run on it in the elections. "

$200+ a month for me, not minor, and they did run on it.I'm glad you make more than the average carpenter, plumber and middle class person on this site. Most Repubs infact did not run on it.

"You mean when the economy was in the crapper? "

The economy was in the crapper in the last couple of years of Obama's presidency? I missed that, I guess, lucky me.Stick with #s (although sometimes I don't think you are that good with them). Was the deficit declining in Obama's later years from the earlier years?

"Just proved that last statement wrong."

No, you proved it true. Liberal=good, conservative=bad. that was your whole post.
I don't start threads that liberals good vs vs cons. bad I'm responding to your posts where you constantly blame liberals for everythiing and then when people point out the stupidity of the post you come back with.

"I get it Liberal=good, conservative=bad" even though your threads all imply that.

Who started this thread crying about what some mag. said about a dog?

Last edited by PaulS; 12-06-2018 at 01:26 PM..
Old 12-06-2018, 12:09 PM   #4
scottw

Quote:

Tax cuts are not inhumane (I think that is what you mean - hopefully Scott won't read it)
inhuman is a word dummy

inhuman
/inˈ(h)yo͞omən/Submit
adjective

1.lacking human qualities of compassion and mercy; cruel and barbaric. synonyms: cruel, harsh, inhumane, brutal, callous, sadistic, severe, savage, vicious, barbaric; More
Old 12-06-2018, 01:16 PM   #5
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
inhuman is a word dummy

inhuman
/inˈ(h)yo͞omən/Submit
adjective

1.lacking human qualities of compassion and mercy; cruel and barbaric. synonyms: cruel, harsh, inhumane, brutal, callous, sadistic, severe, savage, vicious, barbaric; More
I know it is a word dummy. I thought inhumane should have been used.
Old 12-06-2018, 02:06 PM   #6
Sea Dangles

Quote:
I know it is a word dummy. I thought inhumane should have been used.
This wisdom sums it up.
What a ❄️
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN