Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 01-22-2019, 12:34 PM   #1
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
This couldn't be because Plymouth and surrounding towns are predominantly White, It's gotta be because White people are the problem.

Plymouth - The racial makeup of the town was 93.8% White, 2.0% Black or African American (congratulations, you are the most diverse town)

Kingston - The racial makeup of the town was 97.3% white, 0.1% Black or African American

Carver - The racial makeup of the town was 95.78% White, 1.22% African American

Sandwich - The racial makeup of the town was 97.75% White, 0.38% African American
Nope, you're right, it's because white people s*ck. MSNBC said so.
Old 01-22-2019, 12:46 PM   #2
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Nope, you're right, it's because white people s*ck. MSNBC said so.
You two are talking out your arses, without one bit of local knowledge of my situation, just so typical. My experiences for over a decade PROVE that I’ve had dozens of run ins with drunken white males and surprisingly the same number with white girls friends gone wild, but NOT one bad experience with people of color. Did I get that from MSNBC no, did I read it on CNN no, it’s my life experience over a decade of interaction with hundreds every weekend of a diverse sampling of primarily young adults.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 01-22-2019, 12:56 PM   #3
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
You two are talking out your arses, without one bit of local knowledge of my situation, just so typical. My experiences for over a decade PROVE that I’ve had dozens of run ins with drunken white males and surprisingly the same number with white girls friends gone wild, but NOT one bad experience with people of color. Did I get that from MSNBC no, did I read it on CNN no, it’s my life experience over a decade of interaction with hundreds every weekend of a diverse sampling of primarily young adults.
No, you are talking out of your arse. Your personal observations don't say ANYTHING about teenagers in KY. If you saw whites behaving badly, boo rah for you. That doesn't mean these kids in KY did anything wrong.

"but NOT one bad experience with people of color."

Again, good for you. Does that mean the blacks harassing children on the video, are not responsible for their actions?

GS, I went to Chicago last month for work. I didn't get shot, I didn't see anyone else get shot., and I didn't shoot anyone. Using your logic, does that mean Chicago doesn't have a problem with gun violence? That people who say it does, are wrong? See how stupid that sounds?
Old 01-22-2019, 01:28 PM   #4
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
No, you are talking out of your arse. Your personal observations don't say ANYTHING about teenagers in KY. If you saw whites behaving badly, boo rah for you. That doesn't mean these kids in KY did anything wrong.

"but NOT one bad experience with people of color."

Again, good for you. Does that mean the blacks harassing children on the video, are not responsible for their actions?

GS, I went to Chicago last month for work. I didn't get shot, I didn't see anyone else get shot., and I didn't shoot anyone. Using your logic, does that mean Chicago doesn't have a problem with gun violence? That people who say it does, are wrong? See how stupid that sounds?
Did I say it relates to those teens, please quote me where I said that, please don't put words in my mouth. Just relating a story, that from my experiences locally, people of color seem to display respect, while the white youth seem to be anything but respectful. Gee wiz I got off the rambling every moving target these threads always seem to have, sorry boss I'll stay on point next time.
Old 01-22-2019, 01:46 PM   #5
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Did I say it relates to those teens, please quote me where I said that, please don't put words in my mouth. Just relating a story, that from my experiences locally, people of color seem to display respect, while the white youth seem to be anything but respectful. Gee wiz I got off the rambling every moving target these threads always seem to have, sorry boss I'll stay on point next time.
so what was the point? i haven’t heard anyone say that whites are always innocent, and blacks are always guilty. but in this case, we have videotape which shows that’s the case. i don’t get why there’s debate here. we know what happened. just because some don’t happen to like themoutcome, means we have to cloud the facts?
Old 01-22-2019, 02:00 PM   #6
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
so what was the point? i haven’t heard anyone say that whites are always innocent, and blacks are always guilty. but in this case, we have videotape which shows that’s the case. i don’t get why there’s debate here. we know what happened. just because some don’t happen to like themoutcome, means we have to cloud the facts?
Glad to hear you got that white, it's certainly not cloudy in your mind.

I can find almost any interpretation someone would like of what happened there and each claims to be true, pick your flavor, I see you chose vanilla, I'll go for Neapolitan.

Just in case that's too deep for you, Neapolitan is vanilla, chocolate and strawberry, since as usual there some truth to all sides in a story.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-22-2019, 02:50 PM   #7
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Glad to hear you got that white, it's certainly not cloudy in your mind.

I can find almost any interpretation someone would like of what happened there and each claims to be true, pick your flavor, I see you chose vanilla, I'll go for Neapolitan.

Just in case that's too deep for you, Neapolitan is vanilla, chocolate and strawberry, since as usual there some truth to all sides in a story.
if it’s not clear to you what happened, that necessarily means that outcome is more important to you, than facts. you are willing to ignore what actually happened, to get the result you want ( smear the conservatives). even if we are talking about kids.

have fun with that condition, jesus.

the black maniacs were disgusting. the kids did nothing to them, their crime, as the video makes obvious, was being white and wearing maga hats.

the native american ( by virtue of claiming the kids were the aggressors) is either an idiot or a liar, i have no way of
knowing. but it’s one of those binary choices, there isn’t a third choice.

the kid at the center of this, who stood motionless while a weirdo chanted three inches from his face, was accused of blocking the path of the native american. we know that’s not what happened. he was standing there, the native american camemup to him. and got right in his face.

and this kid who did absolutely nothing wrong, is painted all over the world as a racist bully, has received death threats, and his school is closed because it’s not safe.

because of liberal
tolerance.

ironic that it happened on MLK weekend, when we celebrate a man who asked us to ignore skin color. is that what liberals are doing today? or do they see EVERYTHING through the prism of race?

have fun responding to that.