Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 01-25-2019, 07:10 PM   #1
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Perhaps if you were a janitor or TSA employee you’d think differently. I remember living paycheck to paycheck at one time.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
but where was the media uproar last time? i agree shutdowns hurt innocent people, i’m just not sure that people
furloughed by trump are more victimized than people
furloughed under obama, but the media coverage, like in every other issue, reflects an agenda.
Old 01-25-2019, 07:53 PM   #2
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
but where was the media uproar last time? i agree shutdowns hurt innocent people, i’m just not sure that people
furloughed by trump are more victimized than people
furloughed under obama, but the media coverage, like in every other issue, reflects an agenda.
There was one but the climate is different now. Trump is going to hype everything and the entire system is going to respond in kind.
Old 01-25-2019, 08:00 PM   #3
Jim in CT

Quote:
There was one but the climate is different now. Trump is going to hype everything and the entire system is going to respond in kind.
“the climate is different now”.

oh, i agree. in this climate an adult can get in the face of a child, and claim to be the victim, and the child gets death threats for standing still in the face of the jerk adult, and you can’t say that anything wrong has happened.

the climate has been different since bush. bush was hitler. McCain was a senile old racist. Romney objectifies women by keeping their resumes in a binder.
Old 01-25-2019, 08:11 PM   #4
wdmso

Seems once again people are confused why we had this shut down and obama shut down ill give them a hint it was driven by republicans
Old 01-25-2019, 08:47 PM   #5
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Seems once again people are confused why we had this shut down and obama shut down ill give them a hint it was driven by republicans
whatever. but obama was potus, and there was nowhere near the hysteria. why? there is one possible answer, Trump.
Old 01-26-2019, 07:57 AM   #6
wdmso

Quote:
whatever. but obama was potus, and there was nowhere near the hysteria. why? there is one possible answer, Trump.

obama was potus what's your point ? you cant sign a bill if one is never sent

Turtle boy wouldn't send a bill unless Trump liked it 1st since when is that how this works...

Old 01-26-2019, 08:23 AM   #7
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
obama was potus what's your point ? you cant sign a bill if one is never sent

Turtle boy wouldn't send a bill unless Trump liked it 1st since when is that how this works...

my point was that when federal workers were furloughed under obama, the media didn’t make the stink they’re making today. why? why is it so much worse to get furloughed by trump than by obama?
Old 01-25-2019, 08:20 PM   #8
spence

Quote:
oh, i agree. in this climate an adult can get in the face of a child, and claim to be the victim, and the child gets death threats for standing still in the face of the jerk adult, and you can’t say that anything wrong has happened.
I did say many things wrong happened. The chapparones were AWOL and the kids escalated the situation. Black Isrealites helped by insulting everyone.

Thank god for those jerks with the drums, they may have prevented a riot.

Quote:
the climate has been different since bush. bush was hitler. McCain was a senile old racist. Romney objectifies women by keeping their resumes in a binder.
Climate has been different since Clinton. Blame Newt, Tom Delay etc...

How many GOP House Speakers or Majority Leaders have had legal
Issues since then?
Old 01-25-2019, 08:28 PM   #9
Sea Dangles

Quote:
I did say many things wrong happened. The chapparones were AWOL and the kids escalated the situation. Black Isrealites helped by insulting everyone.

That may be true Jeff, certainly you have a valid opinion there. I hope you notice the brave,praying Indian chose the path of least resistance here. Certainly a safer path,where he attempted to intimidate/incite a high school field trip. It may just be the two groups were in cahoots in another attempt to discredit the oppressed.

Climate has been different since Clinton. Blame Newt, Tom Delay etc...

How many GOP House Speakers or Majority Leaders have had legal
Issues since then?

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 01-26-2019, 05:30 AM   #10
scottw

Quote:

Spence there is a video shot and narrated by one of the black Israelites that shows the crowd of kids at a distance...the guy narrating and the other black Israelites ( the guys that CNN described as " four young African Americans who were there teaching about the bible and oppression") screaming obscenities and threatening the group(which I guess you'd describe as "praying")....the group moves AWAY from the black Israelites and keeps going in fact the black Israelites are taunting them as they move off yelling "that's right run away"...

your narrative is a joke...
Old 01-26-2019, 07:46 AM   #11
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
Spence there is a video shot and narrated by one of the black Israelites that shows the crowd of kids at a distance...the guy narrating and the other black Israelites ( the guys that CNN described as " four young African Americans who were there teaching about the bible and oppression") screaming obscenities and threatening the group(which I guess you'd describe as "praying")....the group moves AWAY from the black Israelites and keeps going in fact the black Israelites are taunting them as they move off yelling "that's right run away"...

your narrative is a joke...
and then there’s Phillips, also saying the white kids were picking on the poor black israelites, calling the kids beasts, and the blacks their prey. and spence is still
saying the kids contributed to this, and that Phillips played a favorable role.

there’s no talking to these people.
Old 01-26-2019, 08:41 AM   #12
scottw

Quote:

there’s no talking to these people.

I'd like to get a red "MAKE ANTARCTICA GREAT AGAIN" hat and wear it around just for fun ......but I'd have to worry about nuts like Spence becoming irrationally triggered and vandalizing my car