Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 04-17-2019, 06:47 AM   #1
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Again, you don't understand the meaning of the definite article "A." I said "A" black perspective, not "the" Black perspective.

I don't know why you asked If I am shocked. Where does that come from? What does that have to do with the video?

As usual, you, in one way or another, deflect from actually discussing a video that I post. I'm guessing that you dislike them and/or disagree with them. But making the video about me is evading the point of this forum--political discussion and debate. The search for truth and the back and forth discussions on points of view that can lead to some agreement on what is true and good as opposed to what is wrong and destructive.

I think that Owens and Elder are spot on in their opinions and statistics. And that they expose a connection with the Democrat party that is destructive to Blacks. I welcome you to dispute what they so eloquently say.

so in a nutshell they believe what you believe ... This post was about optics not content..

Candace owens (29) is the only person of color that Conservatives parade around. as an example as see we have black conserives (no kidding )

to bad they dont take time to read her History ... she's flip flopped more than Trump In less time

Owens was In a 2015 column that Owens wrote for the site she criticized conservative Republicans, writing about the "bat-#^&#^&#^&#^&-crazy antics of the Republican Tea Party", adding, "The good news is, they will eventually die off (peacefully in their sleep, we hope), and then we can get right on with the OBVIOUS social change that needs to happen, IMMEDIATELY.

By 2017, Owens had become known in conservative circles for her pro-Trump commentary and for criticizing liberal rhetoric regarding structural racism, systemic inequality, and identity politics

n October 2018, Owens launched the Blexit movement, a campaign to encourage African Americans to abandon the Democratic Party and register as Republicans.
Old 04-17-2019, 10:26 AM   #2
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
so in a nutshell they believe what you believe ... This post was about optics not content..

So there it is. It's not about ideas and principles. It's about who's side, which tribe. In a nutshell, she doesn't believe what you believe. Eff actually discussing the video.

Candace owens (29) is the only person of color that Conservatives parade around. as an example as see we have black conserives (no kidding )

There are several others. And they are not, as you denigrate, being "paraded around". They are speaking out on their own. And doing so eloquently and persuasively.

to bad they dont take time to read her History ... she's flip flopped more than Trump In less time

It's not a negative that she changed her thinking away from being stuck in the stupid non-productive, destructive, victimization and dependence race identity.

Owens was In a 2015 column that Owens wrote for the site she criticized conservative Republicans, writing about the "bat-#^&#^&#^&#^&-crazy antics of the Republican Tea Party", adding, "The good news is, they will eventually die off (peacefully in their sleep, we hope), and then we can get right on with the OBVIOUS social change that needs to happen, IMMEDIATELY.

That's the crap that she was fed in her formative years and informed her way of thinking before she started examining what actually was true and not true. When she became "woke" she was liberated from the stifling notion that she was being held back because of her race.

By 2017, Owens had become known in conservative circles for her pro-Trump commentary and for criticizing liberal rhetoric regarding structural racism, systemic inequality, and identity politics

What is more critical is she is becoming known in Black circles.

n October 2018, Owens launched the Blexit movement, a campaign to encourage African Americans to abandon the Democratic Party and register as Republicans.
That is why the leftists must marginalize and destroy her. Not by debating her, but by smearing her character--sort of like what you're doing here.

Last edited by detbuch; 04-17-2019 at 10:33 AM..
Old 04-17-2019, 03:05 PM   #3
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
That is why the leftists must marginalize and destroy her. Not by debating her, but by smearing her character--sort of like what you're doing here.
So when you bring up actual things she has said and done or topics that she's flipped flopped on .. you see that as smearing her character

I question her credibility based on that

she is smart she's playing conservatives like Trump did .. they both roll with who ever they think has the money
Old 04-17-2019, 06:33 PM   #4
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
So when you bring up actual things she has said and done or topics that she's flipped flopped on .. you see that as smearing her character

I question her credibility based on that

she is smart she's playing conservatives like Trump did .. they both roll with who ever they think has the money
When Obama and Hillary flip-flopped on Gay Marriage, did you question their credibility? Just trying to establish a base line.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 04-18-2019, 06:12 AM   #5
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
When Obama and Hillary flip-flopped on Gay Marriage, did you question their credibility? Just trying to establish a base line.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
decades not 3 years.. and add no political party switching to the baseline

She's the Conservative version of AOC minus she's not elected they pulled her from youtube
Old 04-18-2019, 07:05 AM   #6
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
decades not 3 years.. and add no political party switching to the baseline

She's the Conservative version of AOC minus she's not elected they pulled her from youtube
You know the more you type, the more you prove Jim's point

Dem = Good
Rep = Bad

A normal person would say "yeah, that was pretty banged up too" Not you though, there's acceptable time limits on questioning credibility.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 04-18-2019, 08:28 AM   #7
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
You know the more you type, the more you prove Jim's point

Dem = Good
Rep = Bad

A normal person would say "yeah, that was pretty banged up too" Not you though, there's acceptable time limits on questioning credibility.
your funny only Dems or people who dont tow the republican narrative are boxed as Dem = Good
Rep = Bad

this whole thread was started to point out how evil Dem's are ..

you must have missed that part ...

But in true conservative fashion you see changing one's mind as changing one's mind .. and are equal and the reasons are irrelevant... its amazing to watch