Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 12-04-2019, 03:48 PM   #1
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
sticks and stones...

The NATO secretary general says that since Trump has been POTUS, other members are paying a larger share of NATO expenses.

Why are they doing that? Because they don’t like Trump?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Didn't they agree to do that bf Trump was President?
Old 12-04-2019, 04:24 PM   #2
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
In 2014 under Obama
Old 12-04-2019, 04:34 PM   #3
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
In 2014 under Obama
The NATO members are payong more now, than they did then. I gess it's all thanks to Obama's momentum.

Everything good that's happening, is because Obama started the momentum. everything bad, Trump owns 100%.

Is that about right? Are there any exceptions to that rule in your mind? Any?
Old 12-04-2019, 06:40 PM   #4
wdmso

Quote:
The NATO members are payong more now, than they did then. I gess it's all thanks to Obama's momentum.

Everything good that's happening, is because Obama started the momentum. everything bad, Trump owns 100%.

again the right has completely missed Macrons Point cuz they dont read

its not about the money he agrees with the increase spending

but when Trump pulls out of syria gives Turkey a hand Job ( lies about why Obama wouldn't sell them patriot's threatens member states with Tariffs

its called NATO not TRUMPO but Trump feels since we pay more we'll do as we please
Old 12-04-2019, 10:09 PM   #5
PaulS

Quote:

You brought up Trump and said that someone from NATO said that since Trump was President everyone else is paying more for their defense. I pointed out rightly that in fact the agreement to get to 2% was agreed to when Obama was President. If you hadn't brought up Trump. Obama wouldn't have been mentioned.

Last edited by PaulS; 12-04-2019 at 10:50 PM..
Old 12-06-2019, 06:35 AM   #6
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:

Fact check.org has a nice graph and explanation on this. The trend of contributing more as a %of GDP beginning in 2014 and continuing through present. So, Trump get credit for continuing this, yes.

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 12-06-2019, 06:43 AM   #7
scottw

I know this is hard for the left to accept....

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...mp/2695799002/

"President Donald Trump "is committed to NATO" and deserves credit in obtaining $100 billion more in defense spending for the alliance, Jens Stoltenberg, the secretary general of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization, said Sunday.

Trump has also been criticized for his aggressive approach in insisting America's "delinquent" allies pay a greater share toward the collective defense agreement. At the summit in July, he demanded the other members "immediately" increase their contributions.

Stoltenberg said the tough approach paid off.

"We agreed to do more to step up – and now we see the results. By the end of next year, NATO allies will add $100 billion extra toward defense," he said. "So we see some real money and some real results. And we see that the clear message from President Donald Trump is having an impact."
Old 12-06-2019, 08:33 AM   #8
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
I know this is hard for the left to accept....

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...mp/2695799002/

"President Donald Trump "is committed to NATO" and deserves credit in obtaining $100 billion more in defense spending for the alliance, Jens Stoltenberg, the secretary general of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization, said Sunday.

Trump has also been criticized for his aggressive approach in insisting America's "delinquent" allies pay a greater share toward the collective defense agreement. At the summit in July, he demanded the other members "immediately" increase their contributions.

Stoltenberg said the tough approach paid off.

"We agreed to do more to step up – and now we see the results. By the end of next year, NATO allies will add $100 billion extra toward defense," he said. "So we see some real money and some real results. And we see that the clear message from President Donald Trump is having an impact."
Just like impeach just a phone call or NATO he got them to pay more. ..you guys love focusing on 1 thing . Your inability or just blind negligence to see any topic in its entirety is amazing
Old 12-06-2019, 08:46 AM   #9
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
Fact check.org has a nice graph and explanation on this. The trend of contributing more as a %of GDP beginning in 2014 and continuing through present. So, Trump get credit for continuing this, yes.
As world economic growth increases it only makes sense that their contributions would increase .. our defense budget is more about jobs and money for defense contractors. Then actual defense
Old 12-04-2019, 04:31 PM   #10
detbuch

Quote:
Agreeing and doing art not the same. They were not living up to their so-called agreement.
Old 12-04-2019, 05:25 PM   #11
scottw

Quote:
Try to pay attention.

I’m glad trump doesn’t take any crap from the euroweenies