Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 01-09-2020, 05:27 PM   #1
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Iran shot down the jet I’m not suggesting Trump is directly to blame, what I’m suggesting and I believe the evidence bears it out; is that Trump set this in motion. Tell me you think Iran would have been so stupid to shoot down a commercial jet prior to Trump pulling out of the treaty.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
The American Revolution of 1776 set this in motion. And I believe the evidence bears it out . . . oh wait . . . maybe it was Adam and Eve who did it.
Old 01-10-2020, 06:21 AM   #2
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
The American Revolution of 1776 set this in motion. And I believe the evidence bears it out . . . oh wait . . . maybe it was Adam and Eve who did it.
actually obama did the agreement and sent the cash so I'm not suggesting he's responsible for all of this but he's responsible for all of this
Old 01-10-2020, 08:03 AM   #3
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

To say Trump set things in motion is giving him much too much credit. He is but a player in the current act, of a play that has been going on for centuries... The administration came in with a list, and undoing the Iran nuclear deal, was on that list. Many felt the deal was not in our best interest and that the US did not negotiate from a position of strength.

In the end, I have ALWAYS believed the Iranians were doing exactly what they wanted to do regarding their nuclear aspirations despite the deal. I have felt the same about North Korea. Hell, I knew the athletes from Soviet bloc countries were doing their doping when they came to international competitions. They all lie to our face...

Back to current events. I don't believe anyone had a long range plan that included this assassination, nor the shooting down of a Ukrainian passenger jet in Tehran. Making the best decisions with the immediate conditions to achieve one's goals is the challenge, for everyone, not just heads of state. This is unscripted and some moves are based on how best to effect the ends the administration wishes to meet. As we all know by now, the ends don't always justify the means.... Or do they? That is more easily answered when the ends are met, which clearly hasn't been achieved, yet.

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
Old 01-10-2020, 08:42 AM   #4
Jim in CT

Got Stripers, may I ask, what do you wish Trump did here? Do you wish he had let Soleimeini go freely back to Iran after doing whatever he was in Iraq to do? Knowing what we knew at that time (not what we know now), would you have advised him to take no action?

This is a very challenging and risky part of the world, always has been...