Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 01-22-2020, 09:00 PM   #1
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

What a shock you would post it. What I hear so far is evidence vs rhetoric, how about producing documents and witnesses to make the case for the defense, no need to answer we all know why that is the GOPs biggest fear, it’s why Moscow Mitch wanted it done in two days and in the middle of the night.
Old 01-22-2020, 09:13 PM   #2
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
What a shock you would post it. What I hear so far is evidence vs rhetoric, how about producing documents and witnesses to make the case for the defense, no need to answer we all know why that is the GOPs biggest fear, it’s why Moscow Mitch wanted it done in two days and in the middle of the night.
They can’t because there is no defense.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 01-22-2020, 09:53 PM   #3
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
They can’t because there is no defense.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Levin laid out precisely the constitutional defense against the bogus unconstitutional charges of "obstruction of Congress" and "abuse of power".
Old 01-22-2020, 09:49 PM   #4
detbuch

Quote:
That's it? That's what you heard in the video? Levin laid out fact after fact after fact after fact after fact and then some more and more. And all you heard was evidence vs rhetoric (whatever that is supposed to mean)? Being as how you claim to come to an opinion by witnessing to the facts, I assume your not being biased here.

So if what you claim to have heard here is not a result of bias, then I can only assume that you're a dunce.

Last edited by detbuch; 01-22-2020 at 09:55 PM..
Old 01-23-2020, 08:03 AM   #5
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
That's it? That's what you heard in the video? Levin laid out fact after fact after fact after fact after fact and then some more and more. And all you heard was evidence vs rhetoric (whatever that is supposed to mean)? Being as how you claim to come to an opinion by witnessing to the facts, I assume your not being biased here.

So if what you claim to have heard here is not a result of bias, then I can only assume that you're a dunce.
I watched two seconds and it’s no different than all the rhetoric from the defense attorneys, the evidence is clear, the rhetoric and attempt to blur the wrong.
Old 01-23-2020, 10:50 AM   #6
detbuch

Quote:
I watched two seconds and it’s no different than all the rhetoric from the defense attorneys, the evidence is clear, the rhetoric and attempt to blur the wrong.
Saying you watched two seconds is essentially saying you didn't watch it. So you're pontificating out of ignorance.

Levin made it clear that the impeachment rhetoric is unconstitutional. The impeachment charges do not claim any actual crimes, let alone "high" ones, nor any high misdemeanors rising to the level of treason or bribery. The reason the House majority did not charge Trump with those high constitutional crimes is because they knew the evidence, which you claim to be clear, did not support such accusations. So they concocted vague but criminally sounding rhetorical accusations which, if allowed to stand, would fundamentally create a dangerous precedent that would rewrite, AMEND, the Constitution without having to go through the rigors of constitutionally doing so.