Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » DIY - Forum

DIY - Forum Do It Yourself for Non-Fishing Items

Old 01-20-2021, 04:50 AM   #1
Rmarsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloocrab View Post
I'm not sure I understand what you guys mean??

All those features are intentional.

"picture #1" = The framers are simply testing the integrity of the sheet-rock guys...wondering if they'll just rock right over it or report it. It's a simple matter of quality control....wish my framers would have "tested" my rockers' integrity like that.

"picture #2" = Perhaps you didn't know, but by carefully positioning a knot between some 2x's promotes a "Good Omen". They're simply wishing the owners Good Luck. Superstitious, is all it is. They know the owner's wife is a palm-reader.

"picture #3" = This is a Concept Trial. They are purposely missing the sheathing so they can then turn the nails back into the 2x6 for better security. This way the nail can't back out...this is a new code which was implemented in some of our hurricane states.

Bob took the picture prematurely....this is the after pick from the following day.

Funny stuff there Gilly.....We got a saying "Dont piss on my leg and then tell me it's raining" ...basically meaning..... dont make excuses or try to bull#^&#^&#^&#^& me. I have way to much experience for that.......cant be fooled.

Picture #2 ....is actually a (lucky) rock stuck between the top and double plate....notice the nails in the hurricane clip......into nothing....they didn't see the rock? Come on man!
The sheetrock guys would rock over anything and everything in their path.
Rmarsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 10:56 AM   #2
bloocrab
Callinectes sapidus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmarsh View Post
...Picture #2 ....is actually a (lucky) rock stuck between the top and double plate....
.... A rock?? How da-hell does a rock get on top of a wall that was stood up after being nailed together? I Thought for sure it had to be a knot that fell out and got ignored.

But a rock...That's a totally different omen.... a rock causes a cursed omen.
Run Bob....while you still can!!! I'll meet you at the ramp!

...it finally happened, there are no more secret spots
bloocrab is offline   Reply With Quote