Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 05-17-2022, 08:51 AM   #1
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
i agree with that preacher, i can’t see any devout christian voting democrat at the moment.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Biden and I do. I left the Rep. party a long time ago.

I prob. go to church more than 95% of the people who were ever registered on this forum (not that just going to church is definitive).
Old 05-17-2022, 09:02 AM   #2
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post

I prob. go to church more than 95% of the people who were ever registered on this forum (not that just going to church is definitive).
Biden "calls" himself a devout Catholic. Saying that, and being one, aren't the same thing.

Many people who say they are Catholics, vote democrat. I'm talking about actual, true believers. Among that group, I don't see how they can vote democratic, abortion, casual sex, meaningless marriages, gender being a choice, tolerance of everything as long as it feels good.

I guess I should have said Catholics, not Christians, I don't know anything much about other religions. I can't see how anyone who is Catholic, could even think about voting for a democrat, unless all you care about is the environment I guess. The social policies embraced by the DNC today, aren't compatible with Catholicism, they just aren't.

And for sure I'm not saying Republicans are all good Catholics. I'm only talking about what each party currently believes.

Catholic catechism has "binding beliefs" and "non binding beliefs". Binding beliefs means what it says, you cannot be Catholic and not agree with the binding beliefs. Opposition to abortion is one of them.

It's very simple. Biden and Pelosi say they are Catholic on Sundays, because they want Catholic votes. Then Monday-Friday, they bash Catholicism. It's pretty phony when you think about it.
Old 05-17-2022, 12:44 PM   #3
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Biden "calls" himself a devout Catholic. Saying that, and being one, aren't the same thing.

Many people who say they are Catholics, vote democrat. I'm talking about actual, true believers. Among that group, I don't see how they can vote democratic, abortion, casual sex, meaningless marriages, gender being a choice, tolerance of everything as long as it feels good.

I guess I should have said Catholics, not Christians, I don't know anything much about other religions. I can't see how anyone who is Catholic, could even think about voting for a democrat, unless all you care about is the environment I guess. The social policies embraced by the DNC today, aren't compatible with Catholicism, they just aren't.

And for sure I'm not saying Republicans are all good Catholics. I'm only talking about what each party currently believes.

Catholic catechism has "binding beliefs" and "non binding beliefs". Binding beliefs means what it says, you cannot be Catholic and not agree with the binding beliefs. Opposition to abortion is one of them.

It's very simple. Biden and Pelosi say they are Catholic on Sundays, because they want Catholic votes. Then Monday-Friday, they bash Catholicism. It's pretty phony when you think about it.
Last I knew we didn't have a state religion, in fact it was one of the things the founders were most adamant about.

I'd have to say Goldwater was correct when he said “Mark my word, if and when these preachers get control of the [Republican] party, and they're sure trying to do so, it's going to be a terrible damn problem. Frankly, these people frighten me. Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise. I know, I've tried to deal with them.”

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 05-17-2022, 09:25 AM   #4
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post

You like Pedophilia as much as Biden & the Catholic Church ?
I was raised Catholic.
Turned my back on it years ago !
I don’t need to put my $ into the collection basket for them to cover up diddling boys, not to mention they are one of the biggest property owners in the world and happen to be tax exempt.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

LETS GO BRANDON