Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-04-2008, 05:13 PM   #1
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
Yeah.
because GWB's cabinet wasn't the gold old boys club of his fathers administration + Condi.
Rummsfeld, Cheney? Surprised Quayle didn't get an invite to the party.

ANYTHING would be an improvement then now. Hell, McCain would probably be a small step up over GWB, at least he believes in climate change......
I would not say anything would be an improvement. Obama would be a huge threat to our country. With the dems in charge of everything and the justice appointments they would make, We would make the french look like conservatives.

I think Bush believes that man is having a impact on global climate he is just not willing to sell out America, to appease a bunch of anti-American tree huggers. Give up your own car, boat and heating system. Some 3rd world nation trying to become us, can use your carbon credits.
Old 06-04-2008, 05:19 PM   #2
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
I think Bush believes that man is having a impact on global climate he is just not willing to sell out America, to appease a bunch of anti-American tree huggers. Give up your own car, boat and heating system. Some 3rd world nation trying to become us, can use your carbon credits.
Bush and his administration has done more to censor science and have federal agencies toe the line more than any administration in history... And it has nothing to do with selling out America. biggest misconception in the 'green' movement.... Since when is becoming more energy efficient, less reliant on foreign oil and more environmentally sound anti-American? Look at the American companies stubbornly cranking out SUV's. They are closing plants while fuel efficient cars/trucks are selling better (i.e. Yota's). Expand that to a national scale, and we're doing the same frigging thing.

I'm not giving up those things, but you can be damn sure I use fuel a lot more carefully then I used to...

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 06-04-2008, 05:30 PM   #3
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
I'm not giving up those things, but you can be damn sure I use fuel a lot more carefully then I used to...
I am more aware and carefull also. We try to do our part. I do not want other countries dictating to us how and when we can use energy. I do not want this country to sign any agreement that will do just that. The market will correct the size if vehicles just like it did in the seventies. By the way. we had a 69 Camaro, that had no pollution controlls and got 21 MPG. We hooked it up to the inspection machine and it ran cleaner then new cars. Go figure. Mandates and change can do more harm then good.
Old 06-04-2008, 05:32 PM   #4
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
I do not want other countries dictating to us how and when we can use energy.
I'd argue the Saudi's et al. indirectly already do that..

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"