Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Old 08-05-2008, 07:13 PM   #1
Scaup

Quote:
Originally Posted by justplugit View Post
I've read where the Democrats don't want to vote on the drilling question until after the election.
Dems want to try and hold off on vote because they assume they will gain the WH and retain control of congress and therefore can do something other than be forced to vote on drilling - its political posturing and nothing more - its not based on doing what the American people want.
Scaup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 07:24 AM   #2
Fishpart
Keep The Change

Interestingly enough, as the price of oil drops the DJIA goes up. The speculators have made a fortune on oil and are retreating to the stock market.

Personally as someone who makes stuff for a living, I believe high oil can only help us because it makes artifically low priced Chinese goods more expensive than locally manufactured goods. It also opens up more incentive for people to recycle, thus creating more industry locally to take advantage of less transportation. I just hope my theories become more widely accepted. We need to do things for the right reasons F#$% THE CEO and his board of YES MEN. In the long run doing the right thing for the right reasone will create more value for the shareholders.

“It’s not up to the courts to invent new minorities that get special protections,” Antonin Scalia
Fishpart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 10:17 AM   #3
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scaup View Post
- its political posturing and nothing more - its not based on doing what the American people want.
That's why people need to e-mail their representatives expressing their views and check their voting record on the issue.

Like when does the average American have time to do that??

Politcians depend on people not really having the time to make intelligent voting decisions.

They depend on their innuendo ads, if you can't convince them with the facts, dazzle em' with BS.

" Choose Life "
justplugit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 10:35 AM   #4
Joe

Global demand has increased 100% over the last year and that is what has pushed oil prices higher.
China and India grew at a remarkable 100% last year.
Somebody pass me the vasoline.

Joe is offline   Reply With Quote