Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 10-07-2010, 05:28 PM   #1
likwid
lobster = striper bait

Send a message via AIM to likwid
Quote:
Originally Posted by justplugit View Post
I would think the elites would love a guy like this with that education.

I'm more impressed that he was a Marine, knows what serving is.
Does he know what towns are in his district?
Does he know what the primary industries he needs to woo are?
Apparently not.

Ski Quicks Hole
Old 10-08-2010, 08:17 PM   #2
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by likwid View Post
Apparently not.
Doesn't make much difference since Clinton is coming
in to save Barney.
Frick and Frack.

" Choose Life "
Old 10-08-2010, 08:25 PM   #3
fishbones

Quote:
Apparently not.
I'm pretty sure he knows the towns in the district, as well as the primary industries. By the way, the south coast is really prospering, huh?

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio
Old 10-14-2010, 07:35 AM   #4
likwid
lobster = striper bait

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbones View Post
I'm pretty sure he knows the towns in the district, as well as the primary industries. By the way, the south coast is really prospering, huh?
one of these days you'll wander out of your cute little bubble and see just how well you have it compared to alot of other comparable areas.

Ski Quicks Hole
Old 10-14-2010, 07:52 AM   #5
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
one of these days you'll wander out of your cute little bubble and see just how well you have it compared to alot of other comparable areas.
EXACTLY !!!! So why would you support the SAME guy who has represented you in congress for YEARS!!! His district has been dying for years, they only ones that keep it living and breathing are the people who COMMUTE to work!

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
Old 10-14-2010, 04:01 PM   #6
fishbones

Quote:
I'd say that was a funny comment if it wasn't so utterly stupid and ignorant. You have no idea where I grew up and some of the places I've lived. My comment was more about how as much as Barney woo's the primary industries in the south coast, things still aren't getting any better. Apparently the voters are realizing this, too. When I was in New Bedford on Monday, I noticed people out on the corners with signs for Frank as well as a bunch of lawn signs. He hasn't had to campaign in that area in years. There were also a lot of Beilat signs on lawns, which shows that there is some discontent.

Oh and by the way, I lived on the south coast for quite a while.

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio
Old 10-14-2010, 04:33 PM   #7
redlite

Now that I am a tax paying resident of SE Ma, I can't wait to vote and do my part to get rid of this Fred Flinstone look-a-like arse clown.
Old 10-15-2010, 08:50 AM   #8
rocketman

Quote:
Originally Posted by redlite View Post
Now that I am a tax paying resident of SE Ma, I can't wait to vote and do my part to get rid of this Fred Flinstone look-a-like arse clown.
Looks like Fred but his name is Barney.
And everything he has touched is in rubble.

Life is like a poop sandwich, the more bread you've got, the less poop you taste.
Old 10-15-2010, 06:42 AM   #9
likwid
lobster = striper bait

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbones View Post
He hasn't had to campaign in that area in years.
Yet he does, every election year, strange that...

Ski Quicks Hole
Old 10-15-2010, 08:57 AM   #10
fishbones

Quote:
Yet he does, every election year, strange that...
How much campaigning did he have to do in 2008 against Earl Sholley? Sholley wasn't even supported by his own party.

Or what about in 2004 when he ran against Charley Morse? I think Frank had close to 80% of the votes.

And how many signs or ads for Frank did you see in 2002 and 2006? Probably not too many since he ran unopposed in both of those years.

Frank having to campaign every election year, strange that...

Old 10-14-2010, 06:09 PM   #11
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Quote:
are you a supporter of Barney Frank?
why? because he caters to the commercial fishing city of New Bedford or something? Who gives a crap The guy will take payolla from anybody and everybody and you know it. Time for him to take a hike.

I wish the voters in this district would smarten up and not just vote for a name they recognize

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.