Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 11-03-2010, 05:20 PM   #1
spence

Practice what you preach.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Great point Spence

Also, they're going to have to reconcile what the winning platform is really going to look like. The GOP has built much of its base on social issues since Reagan. You let too many of those libertarians in on the party who are attracted to the Tea Party economic issues and you're going to have some problems.

-spence

Last edited by spence; 11-03-2010 at 09:47 PM..
Old 11-04-2010, 06:22 AM   #2
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Practice what you preach.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Great point Spence that's original

Also, they're going to have to reconcile what the winning platform is really going to look like. The GOP has built much of its base on social issues since Reagan. You let too many of those libertarians in on the party who are attracted to the Tea Party economic issues and you're going to have some problems.

-spence
and what is the democratic base built on?...oh that's right, we saw them at the Displaced Commie rally in Washington and at the Comedian Pot rally the week after that....pleeeese....seems to me you ought to be focused on the problems that your President and his party will have going forward and careening off to the left...or not... rather than any internal struggles that the Republicans may have(which I think are quite healthy)....give then circumstances and all, I'm not crazy about a party marching in lock step...that's how you get that healthcare travesty forced through...

the "issues" that the GOP are claimed to have are these pesky little unsophisticated Tea Party types who want a Constitutional minded goverment that adheres to the basic principles that were laid down by the founders....personally, I'm thrilled to see the elitist Republocrats thrown overboard...they've "compromised" for far too long and done their best to placate and mimic there colleagues on the left to our great detrement and made it impossible to tackle many of the largest issues facing us because they preferred to grow government....the people that you consider an "issue" I consider an improvement.... RI is a great example of a democrat dominated state that has had democrat friendly go-along-to get-along republicans throughout our history...don't want the rest of the country to end up like RI

Last edited by scottw; 11-04-2010 at 06:37 AM..