Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Muzik

Muzik Muzik Forums - by popular request...

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-10-2010, 02:52 PM   #20
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by afterhours View Post
everyone is entitled to an opinion....i guess you don't hear jerry. willie a better guitarist???? really now.......

Not a fair argument for me to start since I dont believe in "better or best" its all taste. I just Willie as a comparison since he plays roots music and has a bad voice. He is a talented guitarist.

Don, I just listened to this clip and no suprise it does nothing for me. Its a bunch of blues cliches played with little emotion. He might as well be doing his taxes. Where the FEELING?
Great players to me make memorable lines. Can you sing a Jerry guitar line? Does he improvise with great melodies? Take a solo say the Allman Bros - I can sing both solos to Blue Sky. They play amazing improvised melodies. The melodies could stand on their own. I cant say that for any Jerry solo. It sound like "notes" and not a melody.
I hope you guys are not insulted by this. I appreciate your opinions and as I said I wish I could get it. I've been playing music for close to 28 yrs, teaching, playing, analyzing solos, and just never connected with Jerry or teh Dead. I can sing along to Sugar Magnolia or Tr#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&g when the come on the radio but give me CCR any day over the Dead. I just never got the excitment people have for them. My buddies would play Dead bootlegs for hours and it was like background music on an elavator.

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
RIJIMMY is offline   Reply With Quote