Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 03-08-2011, 01:34 PM   #1
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIJIMMY View Post
except that the Gov in the fake call w/Koch didnt say anything wrong or compromise his position
Like planting troublemakers with the protesters?

Quote:
while this liberal fraud did exactly as you said - pandered to his audience, which is EXACTLY what NPR does, provides biased coverage to skew the news to their sponsors positions - lefty, intellectual snobs.
What did they say that proves NPR biases their coverage?

Quote:
and its just a coincidence he left his job before this came out.
I'm sure he knew it was going to be embarrassing for NPR.

Quote:
So spence, I guess you feel good that a news provider in this country is willing to take $$ from organizations which sponsor terrorism. Hurray!
Now you're just getting suckered by the video.

Someone makes a joke about Jews and you can either just be polite or walk out. They fake investors did a great job of walking around the line but never going too far.

The bottom line is that this was a hit piece, not investigative journalism.

-spence
Old 03-08-2011, 01:43 PM   #2
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Like planting troublemakers with the protesters?
Which the Gov said he wouldnt do, very clearly. It was suggested and he said he wouldnt do it

Someone makes a joke about Jews and you can either just be polite or walk out. They fake investors did a great job of walking around the line but never going too far.

He shook his head in approval when the guy said the Js controlled the media.

The bottom line is that this was a hit piece, not investigative journalism.

It was a hit piece that hit its target, dead on. It clearly showed how a media exec DESPISED republicans and the tea party. They DESPISE people that do not agree with them. I dont think they thought it would go over 1/10th as well as it did. Its funny how easily things grow when planted in manure.

-spence
above

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
Old 03-08-2011, 01:53 PM   #3
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIJIMMY View Post
Which the Gov said he wouldnt do, very clearly. It was suggested and he said he wouldnt do it
Actually he said they had considered it but didn't think it was worth it.

Quote:
He shook his head in approval when the guy said the Js controlled the media.
Oh come on. He's sitting there eating and listening...probably thinking to himself how he hopes the conversation will move on.

Quote:
It was a hit piece that hit its target, dead on. It clearly showed how a media exec DESPISED republicans and the tea party. They DESPISE people that do not agree with them. I dont think they thought it would go over 1/10th as well as it did. Its funny how easily things grow when planted in manure.
That's your interpretation. It sure sounded to me that what the man despises is how the GOP has been hijacked by the lowest common denominator rhetoric of Palin, Beck and Bachmann...and that instead of thinking people are actually listening to them.

On that point I agree 100%.

He came off as an elite, sure, but a lot of what they actually said, especially when you read the full quotes (astonishingly not in your edited video) isn't that crazy at all.

I would have expected an executive to have handled themselves a little better considering they were acting in a professional capacity. But to say this hit job "hit it's target" is simply saying that Veritas produced a video that got your panties all in a bunch.

JIM, YOU WERE THE TARGET!!!!!!

-spence