Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 04-16-2011, 01:20 PM   #1
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
I think that's a fair question, I don't think it makes me a racist or a kook. I can think of 2 reasons, and only 2...

(1) he wants to keep the "birther" movement alive. so that he (and the media) can demonize the opposition as kooks.

(2) there's something in there he doesn't want anyone to see. My guess is that when he applied to Harvard, he claimed that he wasn't a US citizen, in the hoopes of getting preferential admission or preferential financial aid.

Do any of the Obama supporters think my question is radical? Anyone have any guesses as to the answer? Most recent presidents have happily disclosed that stuff, Obama has gone to considerable expense to prevent that.
Who called you a racist? I laught at the strawman the repub. always pull. Claiming that the dems call the repub. racists but I never see it from the dems.

I don't know if he's spent any money. Either way I think it allows the birthers to wallow in their misery and show how unhinged they are. He prob. thinks if he prov. any doc. they'll claim the docs. are forgeries or move onto something else. They'll never vote for him so why should he do anything they demand?
Old 04-16-2011, 01:30 PM   #2
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Who called you a racist? I laught at the strawman the repub. always pull. Claiming that the dems call the repub. racists but I never see it from the dems.
you should take a moment and Google this...there is no shortage of what you claim does not exist...
Old 04-16-2011, 01:33 PM   #3
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
you should take a moment and Google this...there is no shortage of what you claim does not exist...
I'm sure there is plenty of that. You see all types on the internet. But I haven't seen it here.
Old 04-16-2011, 01:41 PM   #4
scottw

when did he say that someone here called him a racist?

Originally Posted by Jim in CT
"I think that's a fair question, I don't think it makes me a racist or a kook. I can think of 2 reasons, and only 2..."

I'm pretty sure that Regan's birth certificate is hanging on the wall of his presidential library
Old 04-16-2011, 01:42 PM   #5
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
when did he say that someone here called him a racist?

Originally Posted by Jim in CT
I think that's a fair question, I don't think it makes me a racist or a kook. I can think of 2 reasons, and only 2...
Why bring it up?

maybe he has doubts whether he is or isn't a racist?
Old 04-16-2011, 01:45 PM   #6
scottw

Quote:
Why bring it up?
it's the two (racist, kook) most common reactions by the left and the media toward anyone that brings up the subject...you just admitted that...

"I'm sure there is plenty of that." Paul
Old 04-16-2011, 02:24 PM   #7
Jim in CT

Quote:
I'm sure there is plenty of that. You see all types on the internet. But I haven't seen it here.
Paul, you didn't claim that you never saw it here. Here is what you said..."I never see it from the dems. "

No one here ever called me a racist, and I never made any such claim. I said it happens regularly, and no one who thinks rationally can say otherwise.
Old 04-16-2011, 02:22 PM   #8
Jim in CT

Quote:

I don't know if he's spent any money. Either way I think it allows the birthers to wallow in their misery and show how unhinged they are. He prob. thinks if he prov. any doc. they'll claim the docs. are forgeries or move onto something else. They'll never vote for him so why should he do anything they demand?
Paul, if you claim that you have never heard liberals say that Obama bashers are racists, you really have you head in the sand. Obama himself said, several times during the campaign, that Republicans were going to make Americans afraid of the fact that he's black.

MSNBC uses that tactic every single night.

Get some facts before you start insulting thise on my side, OK?

"They'll never vote for him so why should he do anything they demand"

Oh, i don't know, maybe because he serves all of us, not just the ones that he likes? A real constututional scholar, eh?
Old 04-18-2011, 07:07 AM   #9
PaulS

Quote:
Paul, if you claim that you have never heard liberals say that Obama bashers are racists, you really have you head in the sand. Obama himself said, several times during the campaign, that Republicans were going to make Americans afraid of the fact that he's black.

MSNBC uses that tactic every single night.

Get some facts before you start insulting thise on my side, OK?

"They'll never vote for him so why should he do anything they demand"

Oh, i don't know, maybe because he serves all of us, not just the ones that he likes? A real constututional scholar, eh?

I should have said that I hardly see it. What I do is people claiming it happens all that time but they claim it many times more than it actully happens. I don't search the internet like some of the folks here. I try to stay away b/c I find that on the internet people there are the too many scummy people. who will say any classless things they want.
Old 04-18-2011, 12:58 PM   #10
Jim in CT

Quote:
I should have said that I hardly see it. What I do is people claiming it happens all that time but they claim it many times more than it actully happens. I don't search the internet like some of the folks here. I try to stay away b/c I find that on the internet people there are the too many scummy people. who will say any classless things they want.
Watch the way any network (other than Foxnews) covers the Tea Party...I can't quantify it Paul, but I knows it when I sees it. Never before in my lifetime have I seen the political opposition so immediately demonized.

When Bush was in office, dissent was "the highest form of patriotism", according to liberals. Now, dissent is the lowest form of racism.

Just because you don't see it, doesn't mean it isn't happening with alarming regularity.

You cannot watch any coverage of the Tea Party without hearing claims of racism, regardless of the fact that there are blacks at every Tea Party rally I have ever attended...
Old 04-18-2011, 01:52 PM   #11
PaulS

Quote:
Watch the way any network (other than Foxnews) covers the Tea Party...I can't quantify it Paul, but I knows it when I sees it. Never before in my lifetime have I seen the political opposition so immediately demonized.

When Bush was in office, dissent was "the highest form of patriotism", according to liberals. Now, dissent is the lowest form of racism.

Just because you don't see it, doesn't mean it isn't happening with alarming regularity.

You cannot watch any coverage of the Tea Party without hearing claims of racism, regardless of the fact that there are blacks at every Tea Party rally I have ever attended...

Respectfull dissent (from both parties) should be the basis of a democracy.

There was an teaparty rally last week at the Conn. state capital. Given that the capital police est. 750 people were there, I'm sure that atleast 1 sign could have been broadly interpreted as racist.
Yet, I did not see 1 mention of racism in any coverage (granted it could have been that there wasn't any or if there was it was so minor that the news choose not to mention it).
Old 04-18-2011, 02:34 PM   #12
Jim in CT

Quote:
Respectfull dissent (from both parties) should be the basis of a democracy.

There was an teaparty rally last week at the Conn. state capital. Given that the capital police est. 750 people were there, I'm sure that atleast 1 sign could have been broadly interpreted as racist.
Yet, I did not see 1 mention of racism in any coverage (granted it could have been that there wasn't any or if there was it was so minor that the news choose not to mention it).
Ok, let me re-phrase. Not every single news piece coveringthe Tea Party will claim racism. Not every single one. But a huge percentage do, and there is zero evidence that the Tea Party supports racism.
Old 04-19-2011, 07:34 AM   #13
zimmy

Quote:
... and there is zero evidence that the Tea Party supports racism.
Jim, a few people do not represent everyone or necessarily the party, but there is a reason many of us would never associate with the tea party. I think some of the evidence was seen at the Washington rally. I personally know people who went to the rally on a ride w/ a bike club. In private situations, they are overtly racist. One of my friends has a confederate flag tattooed to his shoulder. He does not hide his feelings when we are in private situations. I personally know at least 12 people who are active w/ tea party rallies. They don't represent everyone in the tea party, but they represent everyone I know personally who considers themselves part of the tea party. They are all very bigoted. They are not ashamed of it.

Glenn Beck to Tea Party: Leave Your Racist Signs at Home! | buzz twang

No, no, no. we’re 30… 30, three zero.