Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 01-14-2012, 01:21 PM   #1
ecduzitgood
time to go

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmy View Post
Really, yet you get your info from hotair.com? Ever hear of PNAC? The plan for invasion was laid out long before 9/11 and Bush used every excuse he could think of to moved forward with the "cavalry on the new American frontier." Even in the months prior to the war, when one reason didn't stand up, they found a new one.
Actually that just came up in a fast search so I posted it along with other links pointing out the lame attempt to discredit the republicans. Repeating it over and over won't work when there are facts that totally discredit the no WMD's argument.
Nice attempt at deflecting though....bump

Which party perpetuated lies and still has followers believing them??????

Last edited by ecduzitgood; 01-14-2012 at 01:24 PM.. Reason: The olive branch has fallen :(
Old 01-14-2012, 01:32 PM   #2
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecduzitgood View Post
Which party perpetuated lies and still has followers believing them??????
"it all has to do with your state of mind and whether or not you had the requisite intent to come up with something that would be considered a lie"
Old 01-14-2012, 01:56 PM   #3
ecduzitgood
time to go

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
"it all has to do with your state of mind and whether or not you had the requisite intent to come up with something that would be considered a lie"
Your right I suppose they were willing to grasp any straw to smear the other party, both parties should hang their heads in shame and get back to doing what's right for the country not just their party of affiliation. We are all in the same boat and it is going down
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 01-14-2012, 02:50 PM   #4
scottw

as a public service and because we're routinely told "they're all the same" I've been scouring "the internets" thinking I'd find, in an election year featuring overflowing hatred toward the current administration, plenty of examples of elected republicans and conservative blowhards attacking the President, the troops and the mission as a result of this incident. Surely this would have been the case from the ususal suspects if 'Miss Me Yet?" were still the Commander-in-Chief ...right? we have ample evidence

surprisingly.....there is precious little...I did find the likes of William Kristol(Ever hear of PNAC?) complaining about the over the top phony reactions of many administration officials and a wonder at the lack of response from Republicans, in particular, the candidates....

hard to know anymore whether this should be described as a "tragedy" an "atrocity" or simply "workplace violence" with a little college humor added or maybe even a "war crime"

I think it goes like this...if they kill us...it's a tragedy and in some cases merely workplace violence depending on what the Justice Department and Pentagon decide regarding state of mind and requisite intent....

if we pee on them(after we kill them )...and a democrat is President .....it's an "atrocity" and probably a "war crime"...only the offending soldiers should be held accountable

if mistreat them in any way...and Bush is President.... the entire Administration and the entire military should be held accountable and compared to the most ruthless regimes in history

crazy stuff

Last edited by scottw; 01-14-2012 at 03:00 PM..
Old 01-14-2012, 03:55 PM   #5
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
as a public service and because we're routinely told "they're all the same" I've been scouring "the internets" thinking I'd find, in an election year featuring overflowing hatred toward the current administration, plenty of examples of elected republicans and conservative blowhards attacking the President, the troops and the mission as a result of this incident. Surely this would have been the case from the ususal suspects if 'Miss Me Yet?" were still the Commander-in-Chief ...right? we have ample evidence

surprisingly.....there is precious little...I did find the likes of William Kristol(Ever hear of PNAC?) complaining about the over the top phony reactions of many administration officials and a wonder at the lack of response from Republicans, in particular, the candidates....

hard to know anymore whether this should be described as a "tragedy" an "atrocity" or simply "workplace violence" with a little college humor added or maybe even a "war crime"

I think it goes like this...if they kill us...it's a tragedy and in some cases merely workplace violence depending on what the Justice Department and Pentagon decide regarding state of mind and requisite intent....

if we pee on them(after we kill them )...and a democrat is President .....it's an "atrocity" and probably a "war crime"...only the offending soldiers should be held accountable

if mistreat them in any way...and Bush is President.... the entire Administration and the entire military should be held accountable and compared to the most ruthless regimes in history

crazy stuff
The entire frame of reference is different.

-spence