Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Main Forum » TUNA & Big Game

TUNA & Big Game TUNA - Offshore Fishing for Tuna and Other Big Game

Old 03-26-2012, 06:04 PM   #1
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Sandman View Post
I will tune in but I doubt I hang around much...I hate the reality phase of TV these days, even if it is fishing related. It has caused me to just about halt TV watching except for on-demand movies and sports.

Typhoon is right. Don't send someone to never never land. That kind of crap really upsets me and gives a bad stereotypical rap to everyone who fishes in a boat. We are all not like that. Just keep you mouth shut on the radio if you don't want the fleet to come. for private conversations where you want to talk numbers....Cell phones work inshore, Sat phones offshore.

Sorry but thats crap.
It's one thing to go fishing for fun & enjoyment but it's a whole different set of rules for guys who make their living doing it and don't have a day job to fall back on.
I have no problem with what Dave on Tuna.com does.

LETS GO BRANDON
Raider Ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 08:17 PM   #2
jasonsnova

thanks for the link...now i dont need to tevo it...lol. just makes me want a bigger boat lol!
is there that many boats on georges even at night? or were they actually inshore? the nite tuna that tuna.com caught there was lights off in the distance seemed like alot of lights for that far off shore.....
jasonsnova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 06:09 AM   #3
likwid
lobster = striper bait

Send a message via AIM to likwid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonsnova View Post
thanks for the link...now i dont need to tevo it...lol. just makes me want a bigger boat lol!
is there that many boats on georges even at night? or were they actually inshore? the nite tuna that tuna.com caught there was lights off in the distance seemed like alot of lights for that far off shore.....
Its dragger city out there.

Also about halfway to Monhegan from PTown is the same thing.

Ski Quicks Hole
likwid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 06:15 AM   #4
Typhoon

-Andrew
Typhoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 07:25 AM   #5
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhoon View Post
Looks like the west wall of Block Canyon on Labor Day weekend....

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
RIROCKHOUND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 07:49 AM   #6
jasonsnova

Thats alot of boats that far out... i was surprised to see that they only anchor and chum. You wound think that would also attrack alot of sharks that far off shore. When im cod fishing in GOM i usually see guys trolling live macks either down or on kite rigs on top.
also there was a clip where they were very close to shore , maybe 1-3 miles out but it looked like a floating yaht club with all the boats! lol
jasonsnova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 11:03 AM   #7
buckmanjr

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonsnova View Post
Thats alot of boats that far out... i was surprised to see that they only anchor and chum. You wound think that would also attrack alot of sharks that far off shore. When im cod fishing in GOM i usually see guys trolling live macks either down or on kite rigs on top.
also there was a clip where they were very close to shore , maybe 1-3 miles out but it looked like a floating yaht club with all the boats! lol
Like a floating city out there. Everyone is drifting out there on georges though, not sure why they said it was georges when it wasn't. I am sure they have plenty of film from georges though.

HOTREELS
buckmanjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 08:52 AM   #8
Fly Rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie View Post
Sorry but thats crap.
It's one thing to go fishing for fun & enjoyment but it's a whole different set of rules for guys who make their living doing it and don't have a day job to fall back on.
I have no problem with what Dave on Tuna.com does.
Tuna.com does not make his living fishing for tuna..... he is a pilot for Jetblue

The only one that fishes for a living is Dave Marciarno the baldheaded guy and Noaa has put him out of business
Fly Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 09:17 AM   #9
Fly Rod

The first episode was all taken from Stellwagon.... these guys do not anchor on Georege's Bank.... they drift fish 99% of the time..

nightfighter....no cinder block.... used a 5 gallon bucket at least once when helicopter was there filming.... cost money to keep helicopter in the air while waiting for tuna to bite.

For those of U that have comcast xfinity U could have watched wicked tuna since a week ago Tuesday instead of waiting to Sunday nite by clicking on.."On Demand,".. top picks and click till U see wicked tuna... U can re-watch it anytime
Old 04-04-2012, 09:50 AM   #10
PRBuzz
BuzzLuck

Send a message via Skype™ to PRBuzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly Rod View Post
The first episode was all taken from Stellwagon.... these guys do not anchor on Georege's Bank....
The show learned from Dave @tuna.com: I might have messed up my numbers a little...

Given the diversity of the human species, there is no “normal” human genome sequence. We are all mutants.
PRBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 05:02 PM   #11
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly Rod View Post
The only one that fishes for a living is Dave Marciarno the baldheaded guy and Noaa has put him out of business
Care to explain?

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
nightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:59 AM   #12
Fly Rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfighter View Post
Care to explain?
Tuna.com is a nice guy... yes buckman is right dave caught about 50 tuna last year. .........they R all nice guys......most have other jobs....Marciarno fishes year round, commercially.... they all know each other.

We all know tuna fishing is boring sitting out there all day chumming....if they did not add to it ....who would watch it.

Like I said earlier in my post it's good guy bad guy scenario... thats what makes the show.