Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Old 06-11-2007, 11:37 AM   #271
Bronko

I can't take credit for that, I read it on a blog. I just found it really cool.

The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope. ~John Buchan
Bronko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 12:56 PM   #272
partsjay
Let's Rock!

I figured it was business as usuall......Tony gets out of another Jam....the New York situation is done.....family is coming around....they left the gun charges thing out there.....but I didn't think he was getting whacked at the resteraunt........guess I could be wrong....thought they wanted it so Tony couldn't come back?
partsjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 02:20 PM   #273
cheferson

Werent tony and bobby talking about happens when you get wacked?? "Everything just goes black"
cheferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 02:32 PM   #274
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Jim Riome show today (he's a clown I know)
Was saying that the 'Hit" was on the audience..

I think they are making a movie, thats why...
who knows
Never had HBO regularly enough to get into it.

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
RIROCKHOUND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 02:43 PM   #275
Mike P
Jiggin' Leper Lawyer

Sorry--no Mob hit would ever go down like that. A hit man walks into a diner, grabs a seat at the counter, lets the waitress see his face, then gets up and walks to the john, passing everyone in the place, supposedly to get a hidden gun like Michael Corleone? Meanwhile his partners wander in singly or in small groups, all letting themselves be seen?

Nope. That's Chase with a Godfather based red herring.

Mob hits happen in the blink of an eye. The hit team arrives together and carries out the hit right away--walk to the victim, guns already drawn, and blast away. Witnesses never see their face or if they do, the whole thing happened so fast they can't even give a description. If they arrive at the scene separately, one waits outside in the shadows for his partner. The classic example was the hit on Bobby--no BS, no waiting, just walk up with the gun out and start blasting.

Why would the guy have to go to the bathroom to get the gun? Why wouldn't he have it on him? Sonny knew Michael weas going to be searched before the sit-down and had the gun in place already--only way to carry it off. Why would a hitman need to go into the crapper to get the gun in that diner? Why wouldn't he have it on him and just walk up to T and start popping?

Sorry, but Bronko's info has also been debunked. The guy at the counter was a pizza shop employee they cast strictly for this show. It's not Phil's nephew or anyone else we've ever seen before.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.
Mike P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 02:56 PM   #276
fishsmith
DDG-51

What ? He got that info from a blog, that chit is gospel.

The show has fisherman sending post after post, and thinking The more I think about it the better I like the last episode. And I've never let facts get in the way before, so why start now.

AJ sure did get him a dish.
fishsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 03:02 PM   #277
Mike P
Jiggin' Leper Lawyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishsmith View Post
The show has fisherman sending post after post, and thinking The more I think about it the better I like the last episode.
Bingo

Can you imagine the traffic today on some of the Soprano blogs?

I just wish they waited until AJs dish got the bra off too, before his Xterra went up in smoke

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.
Mike P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 03:15 PM   #278
Slingah

it is what it is.........I don't need things put in a nice tidy package...I enjoyed it all...for what is was, a show that was very well written, directed and also had great acting...and always kept you guessing and wondering even right up to the end.
It had to end somewhere
Slingah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 03:38 PM   #279
Sluggoslinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike P View Post
I just wish they waited until AJs dish got the bra off too, before his Xterra went up in smoke
I hear you there!
Sluggoslinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 06:16 PM   #280
Fish On

Send a message via Yahoo to Fish On
I was waiting for Meadow to give up her second career and show up dancing at the Bing! Ba Ba ba da bing!

Don't ever disrespect the bing!
Fish On is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 06:48 PM   #281
Joe

I liked the metaphor of Meadow trying to fit her car into the first "space" while her family waits - she finally gives up and finds another spot.
Similar to medical school & Finn not fitting and her gravitating toward working with crimminals.

Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 01:10 PM   #282
partsjay
Let's Rock!

Just read an article.....Chase says he has no plans to do a movie, but wouldn't rule it out........also says the ending is all there for us to see...and would not elaborate on the final scene at all......he stated that he had an idea about doing the movie, it would be done as if it was 1996 I believe.....but said the kids ( Tony's ) would be a problem because of their age now......so, as usual, he's not saying much. And the more I think about and watch the end again....and again...I am completely lost as to what happened.....
partsjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 04:43 PM   #283
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

The more and more I think about that last ending and the varied possibilities, the more I like it

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
JohnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 07:41 PM   #284
The Iceman 6
Here fishy fishy

Mike P tells it like it is.....Also, after digesting it for a few days, you're like we'll it wasn't that bad.....
The Iceman 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 08:13 PM   #285
Slingah

we just watched it again...different with out the shock factor ...
I hope all the seasons come out in a single DVD package....
Slingah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 09:37 AM   #286
Gunpowder
Fish Hound

Send a message via ICQ to Gunpowder Send a message via AIM to Gunpowder
cmon everyone knows theres a gonna be a movie to fill in all the blanks. its not over yet people!

"There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart.....pursue those."
Gunpowder is offline   Reply With Quote