Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Sports Talk - Title Town

Sports Talk - Title Town Sports Talk - Our Home for the 2004/2007 World Champion Red Sox, Super Bowl XXXVI, XXXVIII, XXXIX Champion Patriots! SEVENTEEN TIME NBA Champion Boston Celtics, 2011 winners of Lord Stanley's Cup Boston Bruins!!!

Old 06-06-2012, 12:38 PM   #31
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltheart View Post
Look for Miami to be breathing fire and farting lightning bolts tomorrow. We got to weather that early push and then do what we been doing.

Go Celtics
I think the pressure works against Miami. They dont seem to gel when things get tough which is what the Celts do. I wish the games started earlier - Im getting worn out.

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
RIJIMMY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 12:44 PM   #32
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

The Sports Talking Heads are already spouting the doom and gloom for Miami.....lovin it

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
The Dad Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 06:25 PM   #33
Saltheart

I agree earlier start would be better. Its also not just the supoosed 8:30 start. It really doesn't get going until 8:45 sometimes , then the long halftime , a zillion commercial breaks and before you know it its 11 PM. I think one game went til 11:30 didn't it?

BTW , I thought Rondo started getting sloppy with the ball again. he seemed to have straightened out for a few games but then went back to throwing wild passes and just throwing the ball up on drives to the basket , etc last night.

yes he is playing great ball but he has got to control the turnovers and put the ball in the hole when he drives , not just throw it up with a prayer.

Anyway , The key seems to be to stay even (score same as them in that quarter regardless of how we go into that quarter) at least in the 3rd quarter. that's there big push and if we can just stay even for that quarter I think we can win it all tomorow.

Saltheart
Custom Crafted Rods by Saltheart
Saltheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 06:42 PM   #34
Slipknot
Super Moderator

I DVR'd the game as I need sleep if i'm gonna fish before work. I set it to tape an extra 15 minutes thinking it would be enough. HA , it ended with 15 seconds to go so I had to watch sportscenter to get the final score. I had a feeling they'd win game 5
now they need to wrap it up in 6 games.
I think rondo will have an even better game tomorrow night and Pierce won't be so bad shooting.
Gotta be positive
Slipknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 10:23 PM   #35
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltheart View Post
I agree earlier start would be better. Its also not just the supoosed 8:30 start. It really doesn't get going until 8:45 sometimes , then the long halftime , a zillion commercial breaks and before you know it its 11 PM. I think one game went til 11:30 didn't it
I'm in LA and was in bed by 8:30
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 08:46 AM   #36
ProfessorM
Uncle Remus

bummer spurs lost. Thunder the better team and will be a tough match up for Celts or Miami. I dislike Derek Fisher so rooting for them against Miami if they get in will be tough to do. Come on Celts win it so I don't have to root for that Laker bum.

"A beach is a place where a man can feel he's the only soul in the world that's real"
ProfessorM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 05:48 PM   #37
surfflyfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorM View Post
bummer spurs lost. Thunder the better team and will be a tough match up for Celts or Miami. I dislike Derek Fisher so rooting for them against Miami if they get in will be tough to do. Come on Celts win it so I don't have to root for that Laker bum.
been following this subject on espn since the series started,and stephen from First Take show,omg he worshiped the heat in what a way they're going to run over the celtics,and this morning he almost cried.The NBA and fans realized miami heat is the team they wish they had but never came together to make it happend.Tonight Rondo,Allen,Pierce,KG and Bass and the entire team will be focus in destroying the Miami heat and sending the message that the so called Old Team still got the desire to win,and the heart to go against the odds. Let Go Celtics

If You are looking for your next Real Estate Sale or Purchase-Contact me.
surfflyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 05:49 PM   #38
surfflyfish

and the play they still talking about,this is a lifetime memory right here.

Old 06-08-2012, 05:45 AM   #39
surfflyfish

Man they blew the game,i couldn't believe the way the lost game 6.if the scored many of those points they missed,they would of won.but lebron was on fire last night.the celtics sinc wasn't there when it was expected they were going to win.
hope they win saturday.

Old 06-08-2012, 09:41 AM   #40
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

yeah, the celts were way off. way too many turnovers and blown shots.
I was hoping they'd win and get some rest before next week. All their playoffs went to 7 games, thats a lot of stress.
Heres to Saturday, I have no idea what to expect.

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
RIJIMMY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 09:43 AM   #41
Van
zoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIJIMMY View Post
yeah, the celts were way off. way too many turnovers and blown shots.
I was hoping they'd win and get some rest before next week. All their playoffs went to 7 games, thats a lot of stress.
Heres to Saturday, I have no idea what to expect.
Oh, did the Celtics play last night?

I saw a team playing basketball against Miami, but they did not look like the celtics. Thought maybe it was a team from a pickup game in DOT.

~..~..~.. ><((((º>
Things done at the last possible minute are done with the greatest possible information. Procrastination is, therefore, the most efficient means of doing things.
Van is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 10:56 AM   #42
Saltheart

What was that stink coming from the Northeast last night? Man I was regretting game 2 last night!

Horrible game. 9 turnovers and zero , zilch , nada on the offensive boards just in the first half. Pierce and rondo had a combined FG percent at maybe 20%. Just bad overall.

the good news is , Lebron on fire (shot 86% in the first half) and the Celtics flat footed happened on the same night. Despite the two maladies we only lost one game.

look for Pierce to make up for it on Sat. i think he'll come out big for us.

I liked the way the refs let them play last night. The KG technical was rediculous but they gave it back when they called the same on Lebron.

Anyway , the fat's in the fire tomorrow. lets hope we are hitting some shots. if we shoot 50% , we win.

Go Celtics

Saltheart
Old 06-08-2012, 06:08 PM   #43
ProfessorM
Uncle Remus

ugly

"A beach is a place where a man can feel he's the only soul in the world that's real"
ProfessorM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 09:28 AM   #44
surfflyfish

Is amazing how these espn hotsess worship Lebron,they still talking about his 44 points and blah blah lebron, but they can't look back in game 4 when rondo scored the same and had way more assist than james and still not too much credit to Rondo.Rondo's passes and assist are on top of the top of the game and to mee better performance than james.way over rated.
hope Celtics win tonight,but regardless who win, OKC will take the trophy.

Old 06-10-2012, 10:54 AM   #45
Saltheart

Saltheart