Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 08:02 PM   #31
Joe

I was looking at the Weather Channel last night and referencing the log in my head and I knew it was a good night and I knew where they would be...and I could not go because I had orders to process a book to proofread and new products to shoot....
Last night was one of the best theoretical nights of the season....
At least somebody got them....

Old 09-26-2006, 08:06 PM   #32
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Real good night Bill. Sorry to see your thread hijacked. I thought this was a striper fishing site first, not a place to question one's merits of keeping fish, as we are all allowed to do under the law. I say keep, others choose to use kill. I am of the view that the fishery is in good shape presently, in spite of the comm. season length. If someone truly wanted to know the number of fish not returned to the sea, they should PM the question.....
Again Bill, nice fish, Shots like that will help pass a long, cold winter for me.

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
Old 09-26-2006, 08:19 PM   #33
Slipknot
Super Moderator

I ate some fresh striped bass last night and it tasted awesome the way I cooked it. I love fresh fish. I didn't read the whole thread before and didn't know about the questioning of keeping fish. I guess that kind of stuff just comes up every now and then, it's a shame. Alot of members seem to not want to bother posting pics of their catch for fear of being jumped on. I think everything has to be taken with a grain of salt. get some thicker skin too.

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Old 09-26-2006, 08:23 PM   #34
spence

I don't think #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^& is afraid of posting pics

A wild striper is a real treat considering how much you would have to pay to get a primo fish that fresh in a market. Personally I don't understand how people can freeze them...but each to their own...

-spence
Old 09-26-2006, 08:51 PM   #35
NIB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipknot
I ate some fresh striped bass last night and it tasted awesome the way I cooked it. I love fresh fish. I didn't read the whole thread before and didn't know about the questioning of keeping fish. I guess that kind of stuff just comes up every now and then, it's a shame. Alot of members seem to not want to bother posting pics of their catch for fear of being jumped on. I think everything has to be taken with a grain of salt. get some thicker skin too.
Panko flakes.
I like it wit cayjun spice.some butter, over rice taste nice.I eat lots o fish.

FORE!
It's usually darkest just before it turns Black..
Old 09-26-2006, 08:57 PM   #36
Clammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by striprman
I don't think I ever slammed anyone here, just myself. OK well have fun at your seminars.
I never said you did! anything you want to know or if I can help, just shoot me a PM! Ok, no problems

Sorry, I am on clammers pc, getting ready to head out in a few!

ENJOY WHAT YOU HAVE !!!

MIKE
Old 09-26-2006, 08:59 PM   #37
Clammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe
I was looking at the Weather Channel last night and referencing the log in my head and I knew it was a good night and I knew where they would be...and I could not go because I had orders to process a book to proofread and new products to shoot....
Last night was one of the best theoretical nights of the season....
At least somebody got them....
Your right Joe, it was a one of those nights! hopefully tonights action repeats....

ENJOY WHAT YOU HAVE !!!

MIKE
Old 09-26-2006, 09:00 PM   #38
tlapinski
All up in the Interweb!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipknot
and on eels too? I didn't know they had a canal in little rhody
Bruce, we have one, just not quite as grand as yours. Pretty damn productive though. Hit me up next time you're around and I'll take you there.

Co-Host of The Surfcast Podcast

"Out there in the surf is where it's at, that's where the line gets drawn in the sand between those who talk fishing and those who live it."
- a wise man.

One good fish, a sharpie does not make...

Certified rock hopping billy goat.
Old 09-26-2006, 09:22 PM   #39
Nebe

Nice fish bill. Everyone loves ya here.. you just make them (including me) jealous. when the line is drawn in the sand, you will outfish 99% of the guys on this site. (except me )
Old 09-26-2006, 09:35 PM   #40
Young Salt
Salt of the Earth

nice fish . <period>
Old 09-26-2006, 09:52 PM   #41
Skitterpop

nice fish wild bill

Good health and family
Old 09-26-2006, 11:30 PM   #42
Slingah

nice feesh
Old 09-27-2006, 04:34 AM   #43
piemma
Very Grumpy bay man

First, Lord know Billy and I have had our differences. That being said, why is it anyone else can post pics of fish and no one bitches? #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^& post a pic and all the high an mighty come out of the woodwork.
Bill is one of the most genuine people on this board. As Clammer siad, "he's his own worst enemy".

I'll tell you guys something. I was diagnosed with the BIG C last year. have been battling it a year and a half. Chemo, operations the whole thing. That's the reason I bought the boat. Bill Nolan has been there everytime I asked him for a favor. Put the boat in, take the boat out help put a GPS in, whatever. He has been there for me. Never asked anything in return. He does more good than anyone will ever know and doesn't ask for anything back and he's the best eel fisherman I have ever seen.
So for all you panty wearing do gooders who don't want to kill the poor little fishy, stop all your griping and go out and try to beat the #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&!! My bet is you can't and that's why you complain....you are just envious of what a good fisherman this guy.

No boat, back in the suds.
Old 09-27-2006, 05:40 AM   #44
NIB

I feel his pain.
It ain't easy bein The Notorius NIB either.

Paul hope all is ok with u an u beat this thing...
By the way i don't wear panties i wear a man thong..

FORE!
Old 09-27-2006, 05:46 AM   #45
piemma
Very Grumpy bay man

Hey thanks Tony. I have purposely kept this thing quiet. I'll beat it. old soldiers don't die....they just fade away.

No boat, back in the suds.
Old 09-27-2006, 07:31 AM   #46
Skitterpop

Good luck Piemma and get well soon. God bless!

Keeping fish How terrible..... how many of you work hard , go to the grocery store and buy food you or your (extended) family needs then throw it away?

Good health and family
Old 09-27-2006, 07:36 AM   #47
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Nice fish Bill.. but no way is it 30.. jokin bud... slow last night south

Clam-man in his wierdly worded touchy feely F#$%ING way hit it on the head... Bill's a good guy who catches fish... ticks people off...
and NIB I cant imagine it is easy being you, you are kind of ugly.. and from NJ to boot

You coming north again this fall... got a hankering to go bowling....

What always gets me is that If someone goes out fluking a few trips and limits out people never say a thing, a guy takes a limit of bass and gets %$%$%$%$ on.. to each his own. I eat fish and kill fish... come February it is damn nice to have grilled striper and then leftover fish hash the next day!

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 09-27-2006, 07:59 AM   #48
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Nice fish Bill. Im glad to see the pics, helps me focus and know the fish are there.

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
Old 09-27-2006, 08:10 AM   #49
Krispy

If all you know is what you read online,, you dont know anything at all

Sooner or later you're going to realize just as I did that there's a difference between knowing the path and walking the path. - Morpheus
Old 09-27-2006, 08:21 AM   #50
Saltheart

We got to get out of the habit of purposefully stepping on peoples posts. IMO this business of keeping fish introduced in this thread was done so simply to detract from #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&s catch which he posted pictures of. I think its crap when people use the conservation issue as a means to degrade other peoples accomplishements.

Anyway , in the future , if you want to talk about catch and release , etc , start a new thread. Don't dump on someones fishpics. This is the second time this has happened in just a few weeks.

I'm going to start deleting posts that dump on other peoples threads . Its not right and I and I think many others are sick of it!

Saltheart
Custom Crafted Rods by Saltheart
Old 09-27-2006, 08:22 AM   #51
JFigliuolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltheart
We got to get out of the habit of purposefully stepping on peoples posts. IMO this business of keeping fish introduced in this thread was done so simply to detract from #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&s catch which he posted pictures of. I think its crap when people use the conservation issue as a means to degrade other peoples accomplishements.

Anyway , in the future , if you want to talk about catch and release , etc , start a new thread. Don't dump on someones fishpics. This is the second time this has happened in just a few weeks.

I'm going to start deleting posts that dump on other peoples threads . Its not right and I and I think many others are sick of it!

Good judgement comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgement -- Keith Benning
Old 09-27-2006, 08:27 AM   #52
Flaptail

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIB
I feel his pain.
It ain't easy bein The Notorius NIB either.

Paul hope all is ok with u an u beat this thing...
By the way i don't wear panties i wear a man thong..
Then why don't you come up to Provincetown?

#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^& catches a lot of fish. Rhody is the capital now for large bass. Only the bass understand why they won't hit the suds of the outer Cape like they have been for a number of years now in Rhode Island. Christ, I am even thinking of making a trip down there. (Oh my Gawd what am I saying????)

Anyway, I concede that eels catch more fish. I am stubborn and oppinionated. Is that a crime? I have been on vavcation for two weeks now and actually have caught fish every night in the surf but one ( Numbskull brought a banana with him and I didn't know it).

Some nice fish too but I am a vampire. He who walks by night, alone on a deserted beach. Splendid isolation the late Warren Zevon called it. The beach after ten o'clock is void of life (except for meeting up with Zeke two nights in a row in fishing I won't forget for a while) never seen it so devoid of fisherman at this time of year.

Fishing is good one night gone the next, no rythym no rhyme no repeats. Tonight I will be back it it again. Feels wierd cutting a track on sand that should be rut city this time of year. Anyway rock on eel man but send a couple northward (probably too late for that now).

Why even try.........
Old 09-27-2006, 08:33 AM   #53
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaptail

S(except for meeting up with Zeke two nights in a row in fishing I won't forget for a while)
Yeah you got an interesting crew running around there right now

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 09-27-2006, 09:07 AM   #54
Joe

Don't want to wake up with no one beside me
Don't want to take up with nobody new
Don't want nobody coming by without calling first
Don't want nothing to do with you

The poor grammar was for effect - Warren was brilliant.
Splendid Isolation - that's one of my favorite songs - probably why I work alone too

Old 09-27-2006, 09:26 AM   #55
choggieman

I did not post to detract from anyones accomplishments. In my eyes the the promotion of killing many large fish a season is questionable. If I were to see the pics of the large that he is releasing I would have nothing to say. I log in and look at new threads and see large dead bass at the hands of the same person more often them not. There is no person on this site that posts more pics than #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&, and all of his pics are of dead fish. It seems ironic that someone with suck knowledge of the fishery and love of the bass would kill so many.
I apologize for my offenses, and mean not to rile the muck. If I ever have the chance- I'll buy you a beer Mr. Nolan, and maybe we can bury the hatchet
Old 09-27-2006, 09:32 AM   #56
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Send a message via AIM to BigFish
Hooray Saltheart.......I for one am thinking twice about posting anything about anything I catch anymore because there is someone always there to piss on the parade!!! People like that should just go on their merry way....far far away!

Almost time to get our fish on!!!
Old 09-27-2006, 09:37 AM   #57
NIB

Bluefish stink....

FORE!
Old 09-27-2006, 09:40 AM   #58
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

I like em!

Old 09-27-2006, 09:41 AM   #59
NIB

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFish
I like em!
Thats cause thats the only thing u can catch..

FORE!
Old 09-27-2006, 09:51 AM   #60
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

I know...its horrible. Beats a poke in the eye though!oke:

Closed Thread