Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 11:59 AM   #31
Skip N

My buddy is currently in the US Army medical school program in Bethesda. He's got his masters degree in micro biology from N.C. State, and decided to enlist in the Army for his Medical school training last year, and he knows full well he could be deployed once his schooling is done. But according to Kerry, my buddy's just an uneducated idiot. Thanks John for offending my good friend.

Kerry has a track record of talking down to our military, all the trash he spewed in front of congress trashing his fellow soldiers during Vietnam, and of course his statements last year, saying our soldiers in Iraq are terrorizing Iraqi women and children in the night.

Wether he truly means this, or is just really crappy trying to get his point accross i have no idea. But i'm seeing a pattern of him talking bad about our troops....

Some Dems are now coming out asking for Kerry to retract his statement. Did ya hear that Spence? Dems are saying this too. Its not just us right wingers who find this offensive.
Old 11-01-2006, 12:06 PM   #32
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip N View Post
But according to Kerry, my buddy's just an uneducated idiot.
Actually no, I can't see how anyone could read it that way.

Aside from perhaps yourself and Uffah!!

-spence
Old 11-01-2006, 12:07 PM   #33
Skip N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canalman View Post
You know what's really funny? Spence makes all you guys like like idiots and you don;t even realize it!

These new "tabloid" style Politics drag all the same kinds of people the "enquirer" drags out, puppet rednecks who don;t know what they stand for. Bush says something stupid you all follow him like puppies, Bush says something smart, you lick his hand and keep on going. It's HILARIOUS from here, but SCARY for the future of our nation. NOBODY in politics talks about what we CAN do to become BETTER people or a better nation. It's all about what the OTHER guy is doing WRONG. Sickening... Bush has not done ONE thing right IMHO and you guys can't see the forest for the trees (you don;t know what that means either prob) it's ok... he's not my president, and never will be....
You sound like Kerry now, but instead of trashing our troops and calling them idiots, you're calling all Bush supporters rednecks and dopes.

You, Spence and Kerry all have this elitist mentality. For some reason you guys think you're all better than the rest of us. You guys know everything, and will solve the worlds problems, and us republican rednecks should just go plow some fields and stay away. Nice, real nice. But keep talking, talk like this will never get Dems elected! People hate know it all snobs.
Old 11-01-2006, 12:18 PM   #34
spence

I love it...CANALMAN is an elitist!!!

-spence
Old 11-01-2006, 12:21 PM   #35
MakoMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
That's silly.
Where do you see a reference to Bush in this quote? Remember he is talking to an audience of students.

"You know, education, if you make the most of it, if you study hard and you do your homework, and you make an effort to be smart, uh, you, you can do well. If you don’t, you get stuck in Iraq"

If you think the pronoun "you" refers to Bush, you need to go back to English classes.

****MakoMike****

Http://www.Makomania.net

Official S-B Sponsor
Old 11-01-2006, 12:31 PM   #36
Backbeach Jake

Quote:
I love it...CANALMAN is an elitist!!!

-spence
Oh crap! I guess I am ,too!

He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself.
Thomas Paine
Old 11-01-2006, 12:48 PM   #37
Canalman
Calling Jon The Fisherman

Hey Skip... go plow a field .... keep talking you almost sound intelligent!

Surf Asylum Lures, Custom Lures for the "Committed"
Official S-B Sponsor
Old 11-01-2006, 12:48 PM   #38
Canalman

elitist

you guys kill me

Official S-B Sponsor
Old 11-01-2006, 12:52 PM   #39
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

John Kerry

Three months in Vietnam
Three purple hearts-two minor knicks were inflicted by himself
One silver star

Ya rightoke:

I know guys I worked with that were point men in marine platoons who fought in the bush for twelve god damn months inflicted all kinds of enemy damage and received a hand shake and a smile upon mustering out. He's John Forbes Kerry who submitted his own commendation reccomendations and ends up with four medals. He is a blight on the truth. Oh I am not a veteran, Kerry says I am not to have an opinon about veterans or war!

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman
Old 11-01-2006, 12:54 PM   #40
Canalman

He was there though... not hiding behind dad like a pussy

Official S-B Sponsor
Old 11-01-2006, 12:56 PM   #41
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimmer View Post
I know guys I worked with that were point men in marine platoons who fought in the bush for twelve god damn months inflicted all kinds of enemy damage and received a hand shake and a smile upon mustering out. He's John Forbes Kerry who submitted his own commendation reccomendations and ends up with four medals.
And unlike myself he put himself into harms way. I don't really care about his personal goals or ego...the simple fact is he could have ended up dead just like 50,000 other Americans.

-spence
Old 11-01-2006, 01:01 PM   #42
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

Spence the only people who are sticking up for him in regard to his Vietnam service are the guys that served with him on his Swift boat. The Swift boat veterans for truth sure as hell didn't. Yes he was there, and it is difficult critisizing his him in that regard, but his overall reason that he enlisted was to further his political career that was being laid out for him.

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman
Old 11-01-2006, 01:05 PM   #43
Canalman

Quote:
but his overall reason that he enlisted was to further his political career that was being laid out for him.
Boy I have trouble believing that one... but if you say so

Official S-B Sponsor
Old 11-01-2006, 01:10 PM   #44
spence

Quote:
Yes he was there, and it is difficult critisizing his him in that regard, but his overall reason that he enlisted was to further his political career that was being laid out for him.
Even if that was so...who cares?

If your ambition is to be President I'd think that military service would look pretty good on your resume. The notion that he put himself in harms way to do so shows some serious balls if you ask me.

-spence
Old 11-01-2006, 01:12 PM   #45
Clogston29
xxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakoMike View Post
Where do you see a reference to Bush in this quote? Remember he is talking to an audience of students.

"You know, education, if you make the most of it, if you study hard and you do your homework, and you make an effort to be smart, uh, you, you can do well. If you don’t, you get stuck in Iraq"

If you think the pronoun "you" refers to Bush, you need to go back to English classes.
I really think that it was supposed to be a joke/shot and just did not come out even close to right, the way I heard it I thought he was trying to say:

"You know, education, if you make the most of it (unlike our president), if you study hard and you do your homework (unlike our president), and you make an effort to be smart (unlike our president), uh, you, you can do well (unlike our president). If you don’t, you get stuck in Iraq (like our president)"

"Remember, my friend, that knowledge is stronger than memory, and we should not trust the weaker" - Van Helsing
Old 11-01-2006, 01:13 PM   #46
Canalman

True.

When did this become a Kerry love/hate thread, I thought we were talking about the gross misuse of Kerrys words by the rednecks

Official S-B Sponsor
Old 11-01-2006, 01:13 PM   #47
stripersnipr

Quote:
. Sickening... Bush has not done ONE thing right IMHO and you guys can't see the forest for the trees (you don;t know what that means either prob) it's ok... he's not my president, and never will be....
Wow your right, "Forest for the trees" way over my head. LMAO........ Have anymore deep intellectual observations you can challenge us Republicans us with?
Old 11-01-2006, 01:13 PM   #48
Mike P
Jiggin' Leper Lawyer

Quote:
Does anyone really believe Kerry thinks our military is dumb? I sure don't...

-specne
I do, at least in part. I think Kerry believes that anyone who has "E-x" instead of "O-x" as their pay grade is dumb Just like most other ROTC butterbars. And I don't doubt for a second that the 90 day wonder in the White House shares that opinion.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.
Old 11-01-2006, 01:15 PM   #49
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clogston29 View Post
"You know, education, if you make the most of it (unlike our president), if you study hard and you do your homework (unlike our president), and you make an effort to be smart (unlike our president), uh, you, you can do well (unlike our president). If you don’t, you get stuck in Iraq (like our president)"
Exactly.

But since the GOP has no record to run on, let's get the base all whipped up into a frenzy over nothing...while 101 US Troops die in October alone with a future trending towards even more violence.

But according to Uffah, I'm just upset because Bush stole the 2000 election.

-spence
Old 11-01-2006, 01:16 PM   #50
Canalman

Quote:
Originally Posted by stripersnipr View Post
Wow your right, "Forest for the trees" way over my head. LMAO........ Have anymore deep intellectual observations you can challenge us Republicans us with?
You must be an independent if you can understand that

Official S-B Sponsor
Old 11-01-2006, 01:17 PM   #51
Skip N

Quote:
He was there though... not hiding behind dad like a pussy
Yeah, Bill Clinton was a pussy!
Old 11-01-2006, 01:18 PM   #52
Canalman

But for the hell of it, why don;t you explain it.... in 40 words or less

Official S-B Sponsor
Old 11-01-2006, 01:19 PM   #53
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike P View Post
I do, at least in part. I think Kerry believes that anyone who has "E-x" instead of "O-x" as their pay grade is dumb Just like most other ROTC butterbars. And I don't doubt for a second that the 90 day wonder in the White House shares that opinion.
Was listening to Mike Barnacle on MSNBC this afternoon describe how Kerry broke down in tears while speaking at the funeral for a "lower pay grade" friend of his a few years back.

While the generalization may be true, it may not always be true.

-spence
Old 11-01-2006, 01:24 PM   #54
Canalman

This is all bull$#!+.... lets think in a lucid manner for about 3 minutes, then we can get back to blowing each other up and having fun.

Do any one of you REALLY think that with what JK has at stake, he would really say something that would infuriate and insult the American troops and ignite battles like this one all over the country? Of course not, he's not witty and he SHOULD have been more careful, but this, like everything else, has been blown WAY out of proportion. I think MOST people can see this... just a bad joke in poor taste, nothing "sir-farts-a-lot" isn't guilty of himself.

Official S-B Sponsor
Old 11-01-2006, 01:34 PM   #55
stripersnipr

Quote:
But for the hell of it, why don;t you explain it.... in 40 words or less
Put it in this context: An individual or group of individuals is too fixated on negative generalizations of a group of individuals whose opinions differ from his own. This tends to prevent that individual from making rational decisions or forming realistic opinions that would lead to a true understanding of the reality of situations. That Shoe seems to fit on both feet doesn't it?
Old 11-01-2006, 01:41 PM   #56
"uffah!!"

Spence, your just a Bush hater, thats all there is to that. He could come and kiss your a$$ and you would complain that his lips were to hard.
I started disliking Dems the day I got off the plane in So.Calif. from Siagon when them a$$holes started calling us baby killers and suckers for doing Uncle Sams killing for him. Dems are no good and never will be any good in my book. Maybe I'm still better,but thats the way I feel!!!

"Non temere mai Roma, il serpente rimane attorcigliato a Napoli!"
"Baci Mio Culo"
Old 11-01-2006, 01:42 PM   #57
spence

Quote:
That Shoe seems to fit on both feet doesn't it?
It does for those unable or unwilling to make an attempt at objectivity.

-spence
Old 11-01-2006, 01:43 PM   #58
Canalman

Quote:
Put it in this context: An individual or group of individuals is too fixated on negative generalizations of a group of individuals whose opinions differ from his own. This tends to prevent that individual from making rational decisions or forming realistic opinions that would lead to a true understanding of the reality of situations. That Shoe seems to fit on both feet doesn't it?
I like it... I was just bustin your balls, well done though

Official S-B Sponsor
Old 11-01-2006, 01:45 PM   #59
Skip N

I guess these soldiers in Iraq won't be voting for Kerry in 2008 if he runs for President again!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	irak.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	9.6 KB
ID:	17871  
Old 11-01-2006, 01:45 PM   #60
Redsoxticket

There are thousand of soldiers dead from this war. What JK said whether right or wrong has absolutely no value to the overall problem that the US is encountering.
It is pathetic how the media and GOP play this out instead of speaking about the future.
Closed Thread