Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Build Stuff: Custom Plug & Lure Building, Rod Building » Plug Building - Got Wood?

Plug Building - Got Wood? Got Plug?

Old 03-10-2004, 09:12 PM   #31
steve f

ha ha

Quote:
Originally posted by rob-s
i gaurantee a fish wont critique as much as a sport, stripers will be on those like stink on skunk.
and the sport will go home smelling of fish
Absolutly perfect statement thanks, and thanks for the compliments
steve f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 10:05 AM   #32
BasicPatrick
M.S.B.A.

Location: I live in the Villiage of Hyannis in the Town of Barnstable in the Commonwealth of MA
Send a message via AIM to BasicPatrick Send a message via Yahoo to BasicPatrick
Steve,

Could you let us poor (I don't turn my own plugs) guys know what shop in Ct is selling your plugs. I love the smaller ones and would love to get my hands on one or two

"It is impossible to complain and to achieve at the same time"--Basic Patrick (on a good day)

BasicPatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 01:35 PM   #33
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Re: reply

Quote:
Originally posted by steve f
Iam sorry but you are mistaken I have not copied anyone with these patterns they came from actual pictures of fish.

steve
OK, so you try to mimick actual photos of baitfish. Now, do you have any hints you can share with us on the painting process?
Slipknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 02:19 PM   #34
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Send a message via AIM to BigFish
That SteveF Makes a pretty sweet plug!

Almost time to get our fish on!!!
BigFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 02:28 PM   #35
steve f

Talking thanks

Thanks guys all compliments are greatly appreciated.

Steve
Old 03-12-2004, 04:33 PM   #36
steve f

Re: Re: reply

Quote:
Originally posted by Slipknot
OK, so you try to mimick actual photos of baitfish. Now, do you have any hints you can share with us on the painting process?

I am not sure what to say slip I will try to answer as best I can.
First I do use an airbrush a Iwata BCS to be accurate it was recomended to me by a friend. Second I use mainly createx auto air paints in just about every color made I am particular to pearls and metalics.
As far as technique I have no training in airbrush art and believe it or not I ain't artistic at all ( although my wife and bernzy argu that point with me regulary). After looking at live bait pics I try to paint as I see and this is a very time consuming process not all colors dry the same as they look wet. I use alot of shading which I am still learning my early stuff was two color because I would use too much color, I am learning all the time and experimenting for every plug you guys see there are about 5-6 laying around that I didn't like or didn't look the way I want them to look. I hope this is helpfull remember I am new at all this and every day is another lesson to learn and I am always interested in learning and trying new things. I have to give most of the credit to bernzy and a very good friend of mine who is an airbrush artist for al their help with shading color selection and general info.

Again I hope this is helpful and thanks again for all the compliments

Steve
Old 03-12-2004, 05:02 PM   #37
Slipknot
Super Moderator

OK Steve, thanks
Slipknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 07:55 PM   #38
BassAssasin
-------------

Steve,
Had to take another look They are lookin better than the CCBC originals. (I thought I saw some Bernzy influence in that paint Keep em comin. Maybe you can give me airbrush lessons sometime. I used a single action for years, I started using the double action about 4 months ago so I am still getting used to it. Hope to see you sunday.
BassAssasin is offline   Reply With Quote