Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Sports Talk - Title Town

Sports Talk - Title Town Sports Talk - Our Home for the 2004/2007 World Champion Red Sox, Super Bowl XXXVI, XXXVIII, XXXIX Champion Patriots! SEVENTEEN TIME NBA Champion Boston Celtics, 2011 winners of Lord Stanley's Cup Boston Bruins!!!

Old 02-08-2008, 08:33 PM   #31
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Now THATS Funny

Don't forget the same people (myself included) that said No Way No How do we want Moss....he's a Cancer

I said that about Moss when he was with the Vikings, when I heard Oakland was going to get him, while he was a Raider and now that he's been with the Pats.
Mark my word, his true colors will come out if or when things start to go bad for the Pats!

LETS GO BRANDON
Raider Ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 10:36 PM   #32
pmueller
Captain Pete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy D View Post
I don't know about that Pete. Maybe at the start of the season but a win like this Super Bowl gives the fans a short memory ( can you say Hall Of Fame )
Andy, he played a great game. All the giants fans deserve your day in the sun.
I will say, I just hope the kids watching don't think thats the way to act after winning. I don't want my kid acting like that.
Congrats Giants.
pmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 07:50 AM   #33
Duke41
got gas?

Strahan a giant HGH head. Do you think that the gap in his teeth is just there. Or hi huge sloping forehead. He is on Human Growth Hormone. Enjoy this short life while you can Mike. Then its off to brain cancer and liver cancer.
Duke41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 07:51 AM   #34
Andy D
Just Keep On Pluggin !

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmueller View Post
Andy, he played a great game. All the giants fans deserve your day in the sun.
I will say, I just hope the kids watching don't think thats the way to act after winning. I don't want my kid acting like that.
Congrats Giants.
But what I'm saying with this win
99% of New Yorkers love Strahan .
Andy D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 12:31 PM   #35
pmueller
Captain Pete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy D View Post
But what I'm saying with this win
99% of New Yorkers love Strahan .
I must be talking to Yorker wanabe's. Like the people I work with. Like the Mike and the Mad Dog.
I can see how some opinions may have changed the last week or so.
pmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 05:18 PM   #36
BassDawg
Trophy Hunter Apprentice

Sum call Strahan's words.............Bragging Words.

Some call 'em................................Fightin' Words.

Cain't see them as.............the Words of a Champ.

Guess i'll call his gap-toothed spew........................

EATING WORDS!!!

True Champions are mindful of what they say in Victory and Defeat, they are respectful of their opponent so as not to lessen thier achievement, and when seeking CLASS in post game comments one needs to look no further than PATS #'s 12, 54, 55, 37, & 81.

This one will sting for awhile, gents, but THESE Patriots will return and I look for a back-to-back should they play themselves to the post season in '08. Hey, Strahan! How's bout some salt and pepper to go with those shallow comments, you one and DONE (took him 13+yrs to get 1), beeee otch??

"The first condition of happiness is that the connection
between man and nature shall not be broken."~~ Leo Tolstoy

Tight Lines, and
Happy Hunting to ALL!
BassDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 10:50 AM   #37
Mike P
Jiggin' Leper Lawyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassDawg View Post
Hey, Strahan! How's bout some salt and pepper to go with those shallow comments, you one and DONE (took him 13+yrs to get 1), beeee otch??
Yeah, but what a one. Even if it's one and done, it's the one that consigned your team to ignominy as the first undefeated regular season team to lose a Super Bowl. No matter how many you win, being first at anything never goes away. 26 WS rings or not, the Yankees are always going to be known as the first to blow a 3-0 lead in games. Every time a team goes up 3-0 in a post season series and the other team starts coming back, the announcers and press are going to cite the 2004 Yankess and start speculating whether they'll have company. If and when another team goes 16-0 during the regular season, the name of the "New England Patriots of 2007" is going to be the main topic of discussion during the 5 week run of the playoffs.

Did the Giants defensive line stomp on Brady, or did they not? 5 sacks, 23 hits. If that isn't a stomping, what is. To the victor go the spoils.

Duke, take a guess at Strahan's weight. Would it surprise you to learn that he weighs less now than he did as a rookie, less than Umenyiora, and less than even some of the Giant's linebackers? That gap in his teeth has been there since his rookie season.

And I suppose that Light got to 325 pounds on momma Light's good cooking

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.
Mike P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 06:30 PM   #38
BassDawg
Trophy Hunter Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike P View Post
Did the Giants defensive line stomp on Brady, or did they not? 5 sacks, 23 hits. If that isn't a stomping, what is. To the victor go the spoils.
Never have I doubted or questioned their CHAMPIONSHIP, that was well deserved and hard fought. Their perfromance on Super Bowl Sunday will go down as one of the Greatest Super bowl UPSETS, ever.

Why? Because they weren't supposed to win that game.
13 1/2 point dogs to what 95% of the NFL World was calling the
GTOAT, and rightly so. Doan't get me wrong, they did smash the PATS in the mouth for 4 quarters, and they did stomp Brady into the grass.

Certainly a defeat of that nature will have its effects. Humbling, yes! Humiliating, Never! You doan honestly believe that this team is done, do you? And while i wholeheartedly agree, that >>>>>vvvvv

To the victor go the spoils............................

Why spoil the sweet Victory

with such assinine commments ??

Tight Lines, and
Happy Hunting to ALL!
Old 02-11-2008, 08:09 PM   #39
Mike P
Jiggin' Leper Lawyer

I haven't seen you sign yet--what are you waiting for? Time's a wasting--you still might get that 19-0 after all

http://www.petitiononline.com/XLIItrut/petition.html

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.
Mike P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 08:23 PM   #40
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike P View Post
I haven't seen you sign yet--what are you waiting for? Time's a wasting--you still might get that 19-0 after all

http://www.petitiononline.com/XLIItrut/petition.html

Raider Ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 05:42 PM   #41
BassDawg
Trophy Hunter Apprentice

That is ludicrous and defies LOGIC!!

Some valid points, but it's waaaay too late to do anything about it now. We will just have to KICK THIER ARSES, next year!

Tight Lines, and
Happy Hunting to ALL!